I took a punt and traded Curnow out

Started by trjd81, April 29, 2011, 09:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trjd81

And he is on 78 at half time!!!   >:(  Really hope Jared Polec isn't named as the Lions sub!!!

Montag

76... late -2
what were you thinking. why??????
polec wont be sub but he wont rack up either
why did u do it

soutter

Montag

i think u are just kidding around with us. u wouldnt have. is this a joke

C-Dogg

trjd81

It isn't a joke.  Curnow had a break even of 30 before the round started, and Polec's was -37.  Curnow has already increased by close to 160K, so I decided to cash in - plus has the bye in 2 rounds time.

I am not devastated with the decision, but need Polec to score a minimum of 50 for it to work.  BTW, Polec is a gun - remember he was the Lions first pick in the draft last year, and he is in a pretty young midfield, so will get plenty of chances.

LaHug

Surely there were better options to downgrade if you were desperate to get Polec??

trjd81

I also have Pittard, D.Swallow, Harris and Libba.  Curnow had the highest breakeven of the lot, so that is the direction I went.  Also, cause he had the bye first of that lot, that influenced my decision too.

Ziplock

curnow has the highest BE, because he's averaging the most... it's like people who traded barlow pre-injury last year.

trjd81

Ziplock - thanks for the insight.  My plan was never to have Curnow as a keeper.  If he was a keeper, he would be unique.  Only 26% of teams have him.  The plan was always to upgrade him at some point.  I now have 4 premiums - J.Selwood, Swan, Montagna and Boyd, and 400K in the bank.  I will use that to upgrade Harris and one other to have 6 premiums in my midfield by Round 10 - probably looking at Ablett and Pendlebury.  I would take all of them over Curnow.  I will then have D Swallow as my emergency.

Ziplock

I'm just saying, unless you need cash fast and desperately, you keep your highest averaging rookies the longest, as they'll make you the most cash, and give you the most points if/when you need to field them.

LaHug

Quote from: Ziplock on April 29, 2011, 11:33:09 PM
I'm just saying, unless you need cash fast and desperately, you keep your highest averaging rookies the longest, as they'll make you the most cash, and give you the most points if/when you need to field them.
+1

mcwarne

Man I would have never admitted to that! The name of the game is to upgrade or save trades. You used a trade to downgrade!!

bowyanger

trjd81

I don't care about overall ranking - the only thing I am concerned about is winning my league.  You need to make money somewhere - so will need to make downgrades at some point.  I chose to do it during the multi-bye rounds, when the overall score doesn't matter.  Having cash in the bank is also very important gents...gives you a lot more flexibility at the business end of the year...