The Byes Are Killing Me

Started by Master Q, April 29, 2011, 11:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Got Krak and Richardson who aren't going to play, with Pav, Stevie J and Rioli on the bench.
>:(

CFC 1979

yep, with all good pre-season planning picking team the byes seem to have got a few.

should have thought that the playing rookies would be close to meeting up with the general or dropping off form

to trade or not to trade - that is the question

DG

tough break Q. i reckon richo might struggle to get back in for a bit, my advice, pull the trigger!  8)

Master Q

Thanks CFC and DG. I've got 21 trades left so I think I can trade...

DG

yeah i had 21 until yesterday, got rid of richo and otten. both a little premature i know, but im really on my last chance for overall and so took a punt. good luck

Stocutz

Will u be swapping richo with a like rookie? If so who?
Or upgrading?

Curious as I'm in similiar boat

CFC 1979

the only option i'm thinking of is either krak or richo to petrie or J Roo

just gotta free up $10 000

looking in the 4th ruck possy

Master Q

Quote from: Stocutz on April 29, 2011, 11:39:29 AM
Or upgrading?

I think I need a Premium, but I haven't properly taken a look yet. I've got $123,500 in the bank.

This is my current forward line:

NRoo, ROK, Slyvia, Pav, Stevie J,Rioli, Darling, Kraks, Richardson and Matera. So it's those last 3 which are the weak ones, I could go to Prestia which will cost me 20k, then with Prestia the byes can't hurt me anymore with the MPP rule. That's really my only option then I'll just have to wait for Krak to rise in price so I can trade him or I could just bench him.

Does anyone know what Prestia, Richardson and Krak's BEs are?

DG

Quote from: Stocutz on April 29, 2011, 11:39:29 AM
Or upgrading?

i had a bit of money left over from a few weeks back, so both richo and otten were traded up, to grimes and jroo.

Chopps

Krak's be is 45
prestia is -12
richardson is 40

are you looking to trade prestia in?

Stocutz

I don't think u need a premium. Darling at 7th fwd is adequate I would have thought. matera a handy sub.

Use the $120k to upgrade elsewhere.

Master Q

And what I cop Krak and Richardson killing me every week?

I think I am gonna go Richardson ---> Prestia this week and just hope Krak plays if not I'll cop the donut.

DG

you know prestia's not playing Q? does give you DPP, but surely a there's a better option this week

Master Q

Crap never knew that. You could of said that earlier  :P

Bluke

I find it amusing that everyone spent so long planning for the byes and I didnt at all (designed my team around a league win) except for a cursory glance after rd 1 and I've got cover on all lines except my forwards and rucks. Although not looking at a donut and dont have to trade.

This round was always going to be the killer though with lots of teams have Hawks Geelong and Freo players.