Who Is Sitting On Zero Trades? But Who Will Sit Again?

Started by Windigo, April 28, 2011, 05:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

I've done zero trades and I dunno what to do.

Will people bite the bullet and cull a cash cow or 2 , a bitpre-mature but to get a tasty fallen premo.

I honestly don't need to trade again.  :'(

Looking at a potential Pittard>Hodge in a few weeks..

Ziplock

Windigo. Someone's going to hurt you :P

Personally, I *may* go krak or richo---> jvoldt, depending who gets named. Would prefer to offload richo.

Holz

i will be using my 5th and 6th trade next week with 7 and 8 the week after.

Go hard or go home (unless you go for league)

Windigo

QuoteWindigo. Someone's going to hurt you :P

Er, why/how?  :-\

Ziplock

stevemac

Quote from: Windigo on April 28, 2011, 05:54:41 PM
I've done zero trades and I dunno what to do.

Will people bite the bullet and cull a cash cow or 2 , a bitpre-mature but to get a tasty fallen premo.

I honestly don't need to trade again.  :'(

Looking at a potential Pittard>Hodge in a few weeks..

I've only used one trade for J Brown's injury
I'll wait for round 14-15 if need be for richardson to make $100,000
trades are gold!

Windigo

Richo has been ousted and I'm using my first this week. To many donuts I could own my own shop.  :P

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Windigo on April 28, 2011, 07:46:53 PM
Richo has been ousted and I'm using my first this week. To many donuts I could own my own shop.  :P

same here this week is terrible!

Andrew

Quote from: Holzman on April 28, 2011, 06:05:15 PM

Go hard early, or get lucky with your initial selections for mine, whether the aim is league or overall win. I don't know how anyone could now justify not getting Curnow, Adcock, or Libba earlier in the season. Started with them? Good on you, but otherwise if you're not trading in blokes like that then you're being too conservative and are quite simply missing out on good scores and price rises. 24 trades is heaps and there won't be many cash cows at all from here on in.

I also think if you're not earning good money from your cash cows you'll end up using doubles trades later in the season to get the premiums you want, thus you use the same amount of trades but have your hand forced with which cheapie to get in the double trade. Why not downgrade early for someone you actually want and carry the cash until the upgrade? That's my thoughts, anyway - trades after round 3-4 are a must. I've got 19 left and $323k in the bank, and may well use one more trade before lockout this round. Last chance to get Petrie cheap, after all  ;D

Windigo

Each to his own I suppose.

Every will go about DT in different ways.

Fenno

Quote from: Andrew on April 28, 2011, 09:30:18 PM
Quote from: Holzman on April 28, 2011, 06:05:15 PM

Go hard early, or get lucky with your initial selections for mine, whether the aim is league or overall win. I don't know how anyone could now justify not getting Curnow, Adcock, or Libba earlier in the season. Started with them? Good on you, but otherwise if you're not trading in blokes like that then you're being too conservative and are quite simply missing out on good scores and price rises. 24 trades is heaps and there won't be many cash cows at all from here on in.

I also think if you're not earning good money from your cash cows you'll end up using doubles trades later in the season to get the premiums you want, thus you use the same amount of trades but have your hand forced with which cheapie to get in the double trade. Why not downgrade early for someone you actually want and carry the cash until the upgrade? That's my thoughts, anyway - trades after round 3-4 are a must. I've got 19 left and $323k in the bank, and may well use one more trade before lockout this round. Last chance to get Petrie cheap, after all  ;D
I didn't get Curnow, Libba or Adcock and I am traveling along quite well. I couldn't justify using a trade to get any of them. I had a plan from the start and im sticking to it. None of my players I picked from the start were bad enough to trade out for any of them. I have used 1 trade and im sure many people on FanFooty could back me up when I say I know what im doing.

Windigo

I never got Curnow or Libba.

Pitto may not have got a ton yet. But he is holding his own....Curnow.....Nah, had faith in Hibbo... :P

Andrew

Quote from: Windigo on April 28, 2011, 09:41:14 PM
Pitto may not have got a ton yet. But he is holding his own....Curnow.....Nah, had faith in Hibbo... :P

I wish I didn't go cheap and pick Irons over Pittard, but it allowed me an easy sale to Curnow after his 100 v Collingwood. As I said, if you picked well enough at the start you picked well enough at the start. But anyone who kept Foley, Hibberd, Atley, or Irons, for instance, instead of getting Curnow and/or Libba, quite simply missed out. Same goes for anyone who kept Broughton instead of getting Adcock - you stuffed up and now have a spud to show for the trade you saved. I know it'll take until these players rise above $300k for people to admit it, but that looked more than likely after 2-3 games for both Libba & Curnow (Adcock's looking more like $400k...).

Windigo

Foley tonned up this week.... People go to realize that he has played limited matches in 2 years. Short listed for ALl-Australian a few years ago.

I had Adcock from the start anyway.

Andrew

Quote from: Windigo on April 28, 2011, 10:03:23 PM
Foley tonned up this week.... People go to realize that he has played limited matches in 2 years. Short listed for ALl-Australian a few years ago.

I had Adcock from the start anyway.

Yeah I know Foley finally got the ton, outside of that he's scoring on par with Curnow/Libba and won't earn you anything for ages, if at all. Foley -> Libba didn't hurt my scoring and got me $130k to improve my team elsewhere.

I just don't know how it can be justified holding Foley when that is the case, but each to their own, indeed!