Greatest Supercoach player ever

Started by bkimm32, April 24, 2011, 04:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkimm32

If champion data was recorded since the beginning of the VFL/AFL who would be the greatest supercoach player ever?

Plugga would have to be a worthy mention. Contested mark, effective kick, goal six or seven times a game combined with a couple other touches and the odd hitout to advantage, you would be looking at a 150 game average I'd reckon. Ablett senior probably in the same kind of boat.

Midfielders in the past eras probably wouldnt have quite as good average due to possession inflation football tactics.

Thoughts?

vc_bombers

ossie85

I think I saw somewhere that they had compiled SC stats back to the 1990s (not released yet) and, surprisingly, Brett Ratten came out on top! (Though this was only for the last part of his career) with Nathan Buckley a close 2nd (which counted most of his career).

Maybe Gordon Coventry?

JimMundy93

peter hudson for hawthorn with a 5.64 goals per game average
coleman with a 5.48

or the obvious dunstall and lockett combo

but i will say leigh matthews for me

MC

Don't forget frees for and against as well.. Some of those full forwards gave away heaps of frees from memory. 

GAJ is an obvious one from the modern era, he has had some massive scores over the last few years, averaging 114+ for the past 5 years (inc 2011 so far), with a 140 AVERAGE in 2009...
Just need to think of those players who dominated and almost single-handedly won games for his team... Easier said than done!
Buckley would have had consistent 100 or 110s, similar to Daniel Cross of today, however Bucks kicked alot more and scored more goals than Cross does/has done. 

Interesting convo though.

meow meow

Chris Grant in his prime (1995-1998) 30 possessions at CHB. Super efficient. 50 goals in his first season - more than Pods.

North Melbournes Finest

Wayne Carey, a tonne of goals/contested marks/disposals etc.

supercoachheroes

roo boys!

Easily Carey. Won games almost single handedly which helps SC scores.

ajjewell

Craig Bradley would give it a nudge, use to have high 30 possie games before the era of high possie footy and kicked goals, was just a ball magnet a bit like swany these days minus the 10 or so junktime touches swany racks up every game

PICCOLLO

Diesel williams would win dream team but Carey would dominate SC.  Hird would have some pretty massive individual scores on particular rounds eg. ANZAC day and that WCE game where he hugged the supporter.

MC

Quote from: roo boys! on April 25, 2011, 10:56:14 AM
Easily Carey. Won games almost single handedly which helps SC scores.

Biased? Lol! ;)

cortez

Robert Harvey in the late 90's would have racked up the points!

RiOtChEsS

GAS Duck Plugger and the Chiefton would be up their...

The Diesel was a ball magnet, handballed alot but his efficiency was stellar...