Main Menu

Our first win!

Started by Barney, April 23, 2011, 06:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

What a game! Swallow was amazing in the last quarter & Matera was great all day. Risky & Brennan were good too  ;D

roo boys!

Wrench

Missed out on watching the game. :'(

BUT WE WON!

MajorLazer

Congrats to the Suns.

Great win. ;D

Boomz

LOL @ Westhoff & Port... Also shows how shower Adelaide are :P

Congrats to the suns!

Master Q

GOOOOOOOOLD COAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!!!!

North Melbournes Finest

Congratz, I had a combo bet that didn't include Gold Coast (imagine if it did wow), that win for Gold Coast basically cost me $30, but what the funny thing is I found myself cheering for Port Adelaide the whole game.

special mentions to:
Gary Ablett (last quarter and 3rd quarter were great)
Karmichael Hunt (he takes a lot of critisism, but I thought his work rate and attack on the ball was first rate, he came up with a few huge spoils down the stretch)
Daniel Harris / David Swallow (horrid first halves for both of them [Swallow was playing forward for some reason  :o] But a fantastic second half, and more importantly crazy last quarters)

What today showed that when all of Gold Coasts midfielders are working hard and hitting their targets (Brennan included in midfield), they probably do and will have the best midfield for the next few years. They really are that good, now it's about getting a some consistency into the big man Dixon, and building  abetter more resilient backline.

Great last half for Gold Coast and hopefully a sign of things to come (just not against my Roos  8))

roo boys!

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on April 23, 2011, 07:00:58 PM
Congratz, I had a combo bet that didn't include Gold Coast (imagine if it did wow), that win for Gold Coast basically cost me $30, but what the funny thing is I found myself cheering for Port Adelaide the whole game.

special mentions to:
Gary Ablett (last quarter and 3rd quarter were great)
Karmichael Hunt (he takes a lot of critisism, but I thought his work rate and attack on the ball was first rate, he came up with a few huge spoils down the stretch)
Daniel Harris / David Swallow (horrid first halves for both of them [Swallow was playing forward for some reason  :o] But a fantastic second half, and more importantly crazy last quarters)

What today showed that when all of Gold Coasts midfielders are working hard and hitting their targets (Brennan included in midfield), they probably do and will have the best midfield for the next few years. They really are that good, now it's about getting a some consistency into the big man Dixon, and building  abetter more resilient backline.

Great last half for Gold Coast and hopefully a sign of things to come (just not against my Roos  8))
OUR Roos ;)

JimMundy93

i swear to god if this win gives em confidence against my bombers im not gonna be a happy man

ossie85

Well done Suns, terrific spirit

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: JimMundy93 on April 23, 2011, 07:20:18 PM
i swear to god if this win gives em confidence against my bombers im not gonna be a happy man
nah man don't worry, Bombers play a really quick gamestyle, they will literally kick 15 goals off of Gold Coast turnovers and win by over 100 points.

bunyip

Congrats Suns. A fantastic win. I've been proved wrong (again). Perhaps some of the other lower clubs should be worried.

Justin Bieber

I was backing the Suns to win! Only If I was old enough to place the bet. $14 is juicy odds for the Suns against Port!!! Dang it :(.

valkorum

I got home in time to watch the last 10 mins of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter.  Swallow just appeared to be at EVERY contest winning clearance after clearance.  From what I saw you can totally understand why he was so highly rated 1 year before the draft.

Great win

and whats even better is I tipped GC to win :)

pyronerd

well done to the GC for notching up their first win, didn't expect them to this early in the season