Eliminator Prize..?

Started by Andrew, April 22, 2011, 09:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there was a prize for winning the Eliminator? Because I can't see on the DT site that there is one..?

Ziplock

I was wondering that a few days ago as well. Since it isn't advertised, I guess not :P

Prospector_1

Eliminator prize
The overall winner of the 2011 Toyota AFL Dream Team Eliminator competition will receive the first prize of $2,000 CASH.

http://dreamteam.afl.com.au/?p=prizes

Spite

Wasn't it a car or 10k last year or something? The prizes have really diminished... :/

The Silent Partner

Love Eliminator think its great, Prize should be more than 2K though geez their is only a quarter of a million people visiting the site every week wonder how much that advertising $ is worth

LaHug

That does seem pretty small. Will the Eliminator be running during the multi bye rounds after round 6?

CFC 1979

god that starts soon - rnd 7 i think

if i pull another week like this i'm dead meat

ssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :o

Andrew

I'm improving my side this week so I get a good Eliminator ranking. In comes Petrie for Richardson, also so I've got ruck cover all season. Just in case I'm a chance... ;) Cheers for the info.

Spite

I wouldn't stress so much. You don't want to get an amazing ranking either. Then you have to verse these super freak eliminator only team.
Plus with so many Geelong/Haw/Freo players out, the worse teams (with owners who do not check their team) will cop like 6 zero's and then score 600 more points the next week when they are all back. So I wouldn't worry too much about it, a bit of luck for round 1 eliminator :) You'd want to aim for 20k weekly ranking in rnd 1 if you are going for the eliminator only... I got knocked out round 17 I think it was last year. Final 128 :(

j959

Quote from: Spite on April 28, 2011, 07:16:29 PM
I wouldn't stress so much. You don't want to get an amazing ranking either. Then you have to verse these super freak eliminator only team.
ah, yeah - maybe i want to tumble in the rankings a bit for rd6??   ???   ;)

Spite

I remember last year, it was like 'oh score, i'm playing a team ranked 220,000, how awesome!' and then they scored 2200.

Fenno

Quote from: Spite on April 28, 2011, 07:16:29 PM
Plus with so many Geelong/Haw/Freo players out, the worse teams (with owners who do not check their team) will cop like 6 zero's and then score 600 more points the next week when they are all back. So I wouldn't worry too much about it, a bit of luck for round 1 eliminator :) You'd want to aim for 20k weekly ranking in rnd 1 if you are going for the eliminator only... I got knocked out round 17 I think it was last year. Final 128 :(
Why would you want to aim for 20k? The matchups are random . The only part not random is top half plays bottom half. other than that you could play anyone its not like 1v18, 2v17, 3v16 ect. You could be ranked 1 and play 11th or ranked 6th and play 18th. (my example were as if 18 teams were in it)

Ziplock

that's weird... logically, you would play first against last, 2nd against 2nd last etc. etc.

Fenno

Quote from: Ziplock on April 28, 2011, 08:19:26 PM
that's weird... logically, you would play first against last, 2nd against 2nd last etc. etc.
logically you would. No idea why they do it the way they do it.

Spite

Are you sure? I thought it was 1st plays the 1st person in the second half, 2nd plays the 2nd person in the second half etc...
Using that formula was pretty spot on for me last year...