Main Menu

Fanfooty Premier League Season 2

Started by Maca24, April 22, 2011, 07:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I usually use Aggressive on the first over and switch on the last.

Will likely sell off my second best batter so that my Younger bats may blossom :). Thinking of also selling Allen but not sure :-\. Will likely drop to low 160k's to say the least.

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 27, 2011, 10:34:24 PM
I usually use Aggressive on the first over and switch on the last.
Will likely sell off my second best batter so that my Younger bats may blossom :). Thinking of also selling Allen but not sure :-\. Will likely drop to low 160k's to say the least.
Atleast im not the only one! :)
Might experiment a bit more next season, can never really be bothered though.

Justin Bieber

It works well for me as I use it on my Medium Flanagan, and usually works well (economically and wickets). Worked very well on a Green against CF on the weekend to show it is his spot 8).

Always good to experiment with bowling orders. I've only got 4-5 of my 10 bowling spells locked in most weeks. 5 A/D orders are set for bowling spells as well each match, changes to suit pitch.

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 27, 2011, 10:40:03 PM
It works well for me as I use it on my Medium Flanagan, and usually works well (economically and wickets). Worked very well on a Green against CF on the weekend to show it is his spot 8).

Always good to experiment with bowling orders. I've only got 4-5 of my 10 bowling spells locked in most weeks. 5 A/D orders are set for bowling spells as well each match, changes to suit pitch.
In your opinion, do tactics make a big difference? Cas I might have2 start having a go.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on June 27, 2011, 10:47:56 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on June 27, 2011, 10:40:03 PM

In your opinion, do tactics make a big difference? Cas I might have2 start having a go.
They potentially can, especially in a close match up rating wise. Also helps if you can cause the upset which helps you out in the league. Has happened to me a few times this season in SOD where I've caused an upset and on the verge on maintaining a spot in 1.1 despite being in the bottom 4 rating wise most of the season.

Also helps you try to get the most of the players you currently have. My batting is so inconsistent that my Bowlers have almost single-handedly won me my games on multiple occasions. In short, yes it's a big help if you achieve to do well rather than depend on Match Ratings to carry your team.

Maca24

Ok thanks again. I use to experiment a lot but didnt see much difference so stopped.
Butwill definitely have a go now.

Maca24

We are only a week away and fixtures are up!

ROUND 1

Mike Whitney's afro! v The Brat Pack

bundy bashers v Gatha Scorpions

Hillly's Heroics v DazBurg's Greatness

Valkorum v The Nailers

Hello v bombersXI

bomberboy0618

Another match in the series of me v HP that he doesnt know about :D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 07, 2011, 01:05:59 PM
What's the record at now? I won the first. Can't remember the second..... I'm lost ???.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 07, 2011, 01:17:48 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 07, 2011, 01:05:59 PM
What's the record at now? I won the first. Can't remember the second..... I'm lost ???.
I havent registered a win against you yet :'(

Maca24

Well Im playing Cookie. Beat him last time I think but no chance this time  :P

BratPack

Open up against McRooster

That match will be PREMIUM!  :P

cookie311993

Maca24

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 07, 2011, 01:52:54 PM
Don't think we have played maca
Your right cookie, my bad. I got you confused with Frankston XI.

Master Q

Very strong comp. Valk got an easy pass with Nails first  :P But he'll need to play HP or BB to get through again.