Main Menu

Very Annoyed. At cptfantasy. Read on why.

Started by bowsaints, April 21, 2011, 01:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowsaints

I was just kicked out of fanfooty chat.
My comment 'krak wont get his breakeven but he may get a break+entering'
was deemed racist.
Ok.
So i live in the uk. I am not an Aussie. i know that krakeour has been to prison.
I made a joke about his prison past.
I also did not know he was aboriginal. I didnt know if he was white, black, pink, green or blue.
I knew he was a crim. I have since looked up his picture and his crime. He went to prison for a very violent crime.
He didnt go to Jail for being Aboriginal. So the true racists are surely the people who thought it was a rascist comment? Assuming that Jail references are directed towards aboriginal people?
So cpt fanstasy, turns out YOU SIR ARE THE RACIST! You are the person who assumed that a prison joke was in ref to an Aboriginal.
There is a player in the premier league, Joey Barton. He went to prison for violent crime. Jokes are made all the time about his past. He is not an aboriginal. He is a criminal.  Hence crime jokes.

So I would like an apology from the ignorant biggot cpt fantasy.
i would also like to be reinstated to chat.
And also, keep Coad or trade?
Bowsaints.

Ziplock

Trade coad.

I honestly didn't read that as an aboriginal joke when you typed it out, like... he's been to prison... hence the joke.

I agree that whoever banned you is the actual racist :P

bowsaints

thankyou Ziplock! i like the chat thing as i have no access to live games or much info and so need it to find out who to get etc. I will never make a joke about a crim again. In fact i might just go do a rape right now so that people will be on my side supporting me.

Fenno

Yea im very surprised you got banned for that aswell. So much more crap than that gets spoken on chat and those people never get banned. I wish they would though chat is really turning into a bit of a day care centre. Parent must be sitting their kids down and saying you go piss some people off over the internet with the rubish you talk and leave mummy and daddy alone for a while.

bowsaints

Its just ridiculous. It wouldnt bother me but being accused of racism is just so unfair and it became obvious who the true racists are. Whoever banned me and cptFantasy. The people who assumed crime and prison references are towards Aboriginals! Shame on you. Ban cptFantasy as soon as possible.

Hulmie

The things that i have to say about racism can't be said because i'm white and that's the way society has become.

Fenno

I know some people seem to think everything is racist these days. My partner is darker skinned and we make jokes all the time she even calls herself Blacky Chan. There is a difference between having a joke and being Racist.

m0nty

cptfantasy had nothing to do with it, that was me. I'm the only one with ban powers on the chat.

I'm going to reinstate you, but please be a bit more considerate in future. This is not the away section at a Hull City game, it's a Web site frequented by a lot of young people.

Hulmie

I seriously hate this thing of racism why can't peaople just take resonsibility for there own actions instead of blaming it on race.

Hulmie

But i guess what am i thinking when will people ever take responsibility for there own actions. It's easier to blame someone else.

bowsaints

I will be considerate but it was a good joke. Breakeven, break+entering... Nice play on words. If young people read that it should inspire them to play with the english language a bit more and not have heros who have spent time in Jail for a very serious crime! Words over violence i think!
Incidentally it was cpt fantasy who levelled the race thing, not you Mr Monty. It was his brainbox that took it to race when there had been ZERO inclination toward it being a race issue or race joke.
By the way, thankyou all for the advice on Coad. he has been traded. Sorry, I am not sure what his race or nationality is. All players on fantasy footy are just names and so in my mind they are all the colour of smurfs.
During the week i shall familiarise myself with all the other players and make sure as to not say anything about anyone even with a hint of freckling.
Again mOnty, none of this is directed at you. Was just super annoyed at the biggoted cptFantasy and wanted to let him know what i thought of his ignorance.

BratPack

Meh. I've been banned from the chat for less  :P

Boomz

it's a poor thought out joke. ur lucky m0nty unbanned you... Get over it mate.

pyronerd

Quote from: BratPack on April 21, 2011, 12:30:22 PM
Meh. I've been banned from the chat for less  :P
why am i not surprised :P

Alex7089

Quote from: Hulmie on April 21, 2011, 02:41:43 AM
The things that i have to say about racism can't be said because i'm white and that's the way society has become.
White people are not the only racists. I have a story I could tell you but here is not the place :P

The ban is fair IMHO.