chrisuzz

if i didnt have the FF youth cup i wouldve joined, sorry Q :(

Boomz

Fletch74

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 20, 2011, 12:59:39 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on April 20, 2011, 12:41:34 PM
Well the teams I know can't do it for certain apart from me and shaggy are:
ML, BP, Daz, HP, Fletch, ZZ, Cic, Hilly and Hawka
Yep Yep :(. And I'm pulling Bermuda next week for Fletch ;).
Cheers HP. Sorry Q, obviously my loyalty must go to Bermuda now, plus I'm in the FF Youth League as well, otherwise I'd join up.

Alex7089

Hmm. I have Shamim and then I suppose I could play Murubi (reas/reas)

Master Q

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 20, 2011, 02:54:52 PM
Hmm. I have Shamim and then I suppose I could play Murubi (reas/reas)
Join Alex. You know you want to know  ;)

Bazinga

This format could suit me ... only problem is I don't have any Kenyan's.

Q - A quick question. If I pull a crappy kenyan (or 2) can I just bat them at 10 & 11 and not bowl them at all, allowing for my better players to play key roles in the outcome of the match?

Master Q

Quote from: Bazinga on April 20, 2011, 04:25:34 PM

Q - A quick question. If I pull a crappy kenyan (or 2) can I just bat them at 10 & 11 and not bowl them at all, allowing for my better players to play key roles in the outcome of the match?
Of course. You've got a few weeks till the comp to pull, or just pull in Week 1 & 2 then you meet the requirements. If you really want to win you could even buy a young Kenyan which could give you a stronger team then just playing a very bad youth pull because you have no one else.

Bazinga

Quote from: Master Q on April 20, 2011, 04:30:21 PM

Of course. You've got a few weeks till the comp to pull, or just pull in Week 1 & 2 then you meet the requirements. If you really want to win you could even buy a young Kenyan which could give you a stronger team then just playing a very bad youth pull because you have no one else.
Yeah I thought about buying a young Kenyan, but I just had a look at the TM and there are no good ones listed. If I was to be eligible to enter, it would have to be via youth pulls.

Master Q

Quote from: Bazinga on April 20, 2011, 04:35:03 PM

Yeah I thought about buying a young Kenyan, but I just had a look at the TM and there are no good ones listed. If I was to be eligible to enter, it would have to be via youth pulls.
There should be at least 1 good kenyan on the market from now till the start of the comp. Are you entering Baz?

Alex7089

OK I will enter :)
I will get smashed by stronger teams though :P

Master Q

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 20, 2011, 04:45:43 PM
OK I will enter :)
I will get smashed by stronger teams though :P
I actually think you will get to at least Round 3 or 4 Alex. Thanks for Entering btw.

roo boys!

Quote from: Master Q on April 20, 2011, 12:13:45 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on April 20, 2011, 12:06:34 PM
I can't join the knockout comp as I don't think I could field a U24 league. I may do the YP comp.
I think you have to be in the Knockout Cup to be in the YP comp though. I'm not too sure. Ask a question in the Discussion thread you'll get an answer.

It doesn't start till a few weeks I'm sure you could just play a few extra youths and maybe buy a 20/21 yo?
I'm on the lookout for 20/21 year olds I must admit. Then I would have 3, and have to play 8 youths :P The majority of my players are 24/25/26.

Bazinga

Quote from: Master Q on April 20, 2011, 04:42:52 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on April 20, 2011, 04:35:03 PM

There should be at least 1 good kenyan on the market from now till the start of the comp. Are you entering Baz?
Yeah sounds like fun  ;)  So refresh me on what I need to do to enter.

And remind me to pull Kenya on Monday cos I'll probably forget  :P

Master Q

Quote from: roo boys! on April 20, 2011, 04:54:22 PM
I can't join the knockout comp as I don't think I could field a U24 league. I may do the YP comp.
I think you have to be in the Knockout Cup to be in the YP comp though. I'm not too sure. Ask a question in the Discussion thread you'll get an answer.

It doesn't start till a few weeks I'm sure you could just play a few extra youths and maybe buy a 20/21 yo?
I'm on the lookout for 20/21 year olds I must admit. Then I would have 3, and have to play 8 youths :P The majority of my players are 24/25/26.
Why don't you just enter, and just play your normal team with a Kenyan (even if that means your normal youth team + a kenyan) and just try and win the YP comp. I think it's pretty easy to win.

Baz: Just go here: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/competitiondetails.htm?competitionId=2118 to enter, and if you want just leave a post here: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=21905&p=725681#p725681 saying something like "Looks Good, I'll Play".

roo boys!

Quote from: Master Q on April 20, 2011, 05:00:14 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on April 20, 2011, 04:54:22 PM

Why don't you just enter, and just play your normal team with a Kenyan (even if that means your normal youth team + a kenyan) and just try and win the YP comp. I think it's pretty easy to win.

Baz: Just go here: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/competitiondetails.htm?competitionId=2118 to enter, and if you want just leave a post here: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=21905&p=725681#p725681 saying something like "Looks Good, I'll Play".
I do have 2 Kenyan youths...I'll see.

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=344920
Could just buy this Kenyan? He's actually an alright player, so maybe wlll go too high for me if I'm just going to sell him after the comp ends.. may instead go for this one:
http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=409934