Main Menu

Absolute AFL

Started by Gava Magpies101, April 18, 2011, 08:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gava Magpies101

what is wrong with the chat forum thing on the front?

valkorum

Quote from: Gava Magpies101 on April 18, 2011, 11:20:06 PM
Yeah mate as I said it isnt perfect, I just started the website and there will be some mistakes as all websites have. Yes the articles are from the Herald Sun but that is only for the first couple of days so i can focus on other areas of the website such a game reports, player profiles and other areas such as VFL reports.

So calm down mate

I actually think that using those articles is a copyright issue.

tferrier18

Quote from: Gava Magpies101 on April 19, 2011, 12:08:05 AM
what is wrong with the chat forum thing on the front?
It doesn't belong there..home pages aren't meant to have too much information on them. They are an introductory page.
If you really want it, then put it on it's own page. You find me a decent website with a chat forum on the home page and you can keep it.

Alex7089

Quote from: valkorum on April 19, 2011, 12:16:48 AM
Quote from: Gava Magpies101 on April 18, 2011, 11:20:06 PM
Yeah mate as I said it isnt perfect, I just started the website and there will be some mistakes as all websites have. Yes the articles are from the Herald Sun but that is only for the first couple of days so i can focus on other areas of the website such a game reports, player profiles and other areas such as VFL reports.

So calm down mate

I actually think that using those articles is a copyright issue.
I was thinking the same thing.

tferrier18

Definitely copyright issues there.

Gava Magpies101

Yes well it has been fixed now so.....

Justin Bieber

Gava, I think maybe work out the site layout first. Then you can see about your articles and what not. I know a few others who did that (e.g Alex and RB did with Fantasy Football Station).

There's a whole year ahead of you so can take your time 8). Can't wait for some of your stuff though!

Alex7089

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 19, 2011, 06:36:53 PM
Gava, I think maybe work out the site layout first. Then you can see about your articles and what not. I know a few others who did that (e.g Alex and RB did with Fantasy Football Station).

There's a whole year ahead of you so can take your time 8). Can't wait for some of your stuff though!
Ahem.

There may also be copyright issues with the supercoach logo as your footer.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 19, 2011, 06:41:29 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 19, 2011, 06:36:53 PM
Gava, I think maybe work out the site layout first. Then you can see about your articles and what not. I know a few others who did that (e.g Alex and RB did with Fantasy FIrst Aid).
Ahem.
Sorry AFEV :-[. Got 2/3 blogs mixed up (also a writer for AFL Fantasy Station ???).

Better now *Blows Raspberries.

Gava Magpies101

Thanks Hellopplz. What is your name on the blog on the front page? Alex7089 how is there a copy right issue with the supercoach logo. I am basically promoting the game and I found that on the internet anyway, i didnt directly copy it from the heraldsun

Alex7089

Quote from: Gava Magpies101 on April 19, 2011, 09:05:49 PM
Thanks Hellopplz. What is your name on the blog on the front page? Alex7089 how is there a copy right issue with the supercoach logo. I am basically promoting the game and I found that on the internet anyway, i didnt directly copy it from the heraldsun
I'm just saying, you don't want to get into trouble...I think I remember Marcus saying something about what he had to do to use it. Nevermind me.

Gava Magpies101

ok thanks for the advice mate

Hawks05

Hey guys, I've found this great new SC website that will be great when it gets going!

Definately worth a look!

http://everythingafl.yolasite.com/

:)

Prospector_1

Pls post in the footy websites section in future.

Hawks05

Quote from: Prospector_1 on April 21, 2011, 05:50:40 PM
Pls post in the footy websites section in future.

ohh sorry, where abouts is that?