Main Menu

Game Chat

Started by freaks, April 17, 2011, 04:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freaks

Hi

Can we play have some rules put in place for chat during the game... I Am sick of the snide comments, the immature kids and the constant put down of AFL Footballers. and not to mention all the bullshower captain jokes and the addition of people telling us who they have in there team.... WE DON'T CARE

It really showers me when all we see is why is he my captain, he's shower why does he play etc... NONE OF YOU PLAY AFL... so please dont talk about how bad players are until you do. It's getting over the top and frustrating having to read immature low lifes commenting about a sport they have no idea about but seem to think they do.. You are not tough, your sitting by yourself behind a computer and we don't want to hear your crap.
We need Chat rules and we need them now

Fireballz

I just look at the match blog for live scores for that exact reason. There is rules but it's super hard to police I imagine.

freaks

just start banning, when they realise people are getting banned for doing the wrong thing they will stop

McRooster

m0nty

There are rules, as McRooster points out. It is hard to police, as Fireballz says.

There are 75,000 people per day on the site on a match day, so it gets rather difficult to manage. I do not want a faster Flash chat for that reason, as I need to have it slowed down for me to keep up with it. When I have a dozen browser windows open at once trying to cover two concurrent games, sometimes I don't watch the chat as much as I should, so things sometimes get a bit hairy. I always manage to hand out bans in retrospect, mind you, but by that point the damage is done, of course.

It would be nice if I earned enough money to hire someone to cover the second game on a weekend, so I could handle this more quickly and effectively. At the moment, that's not an option. Maybe in the future.

Master Q

I'm sure someone would do it for free.

freaks

i would if it stopped the stupid jokes, pointless posts, annoying captain crap and people complaing at how "crap" someone in the AFL is.

Makes me sad people are bagging players when there fat idiots behind a computer screen

Cicjose

is it possible to not approve chat with certain words

BoredSaint

on a different topic..
what would it take for me to get a special icon next to my name in chat monty?  ;D

CrowsFan

supercoach addict

I can't understand why there are people who never ever post on the forums but then magically appear out of nowhere for the live chat. These are of course the ones who get in trouble and abuse people.

Cicjose

Quote from: supercoach addict on April 30, 2011, 06:53:00 PM
I can't understand why there are people who never ever post on the forums but then magically appear out of nowhere for the live chat. These are of course the ones who get in trouble and abuse people.

100% agree with this