XXXX from XX players

Started by LaHug, April 16, 2011, 08:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Hey guys.
To make things clearer, when you post your score so far out of how many players, COUNT YOU CAPTAIN AS 2!
For example, this week I'm 1112/12. Although I've only had 11 different players play (and have 11 remaining), my captain has played so I've had 12 play. Contrary to this, if I have 10 remaining players but one of them is my captain, I would say that I have 11 remaining.
Essentially, you have 23 players and your captain counts as 2.
Just makes things simpler.

Bluke

chrisuzz

Quote from: Bluke on April 16, 2011, 08:06:24 PM
huh?
seeing as captain gets double score, when scores are posted, captain should count as two players. you get it ?

Nice thread LaHug 8)

elephants

Yep all good.

Should be made a sticky somewhere

LaHug

huh?
When people post their running score as however many points out of however many players (e.g. 1112/11), some people don't count their captain in the "11" and some people do.
It's best to write "12" if your captain is one of the 11 you've played and "11" if he isn't.
Did I not make that clear enough?

Quote from: chrisuzz on April 16, 2011, 08:08:43 PM
huh?
seeing as captain gets double score, when scores are posted, captain should count as two players. you get it ?

Nice thread LaHug 8)
Thanks chrisuzz!

Barlow 21

So to clear it up if for example if you have 5 players played, 1 captain swan and you are on 500. You say 500-6.
You essentially have 23 players. ;)

LaHug

Quote from: Barlow 21 on April 16, 2011, 08:12:08 PM
So to clear it up if for example if you have 5 players played, 1 captain swan and you are on 500. You say 500-6.
You essentially have 23 players. ;)
Yep ;D
Thanks for helping clarify, everyone!

fidou

1170 - 11 C   gee thats easy isnt putting a big C there rather than a cenario that needs to be told

LaHug

Well fidou, I'm still actually confused by that. Are you saying that you've played 11 and one of those is your captain? Or are you saying you've played 10 but you've written 11 because of captain and you want to let us know that.
My way is not difficult and is always consistent.

fidou

its simple no C no capt but a C points to a C played

LaHug

I figured that, but are you saying that your captain is counted as one or two?
Seriously, my way is simpler and takes little explanation.

Bluke

lol no i get it. I just dont understand why we need a thread about it?

LaHug

Because some people don't and it really grinds my gears

bowsaints

its a small point. But you dont 'essentially have 23 player'. You have one player who gets a bigger score. You have 22 scoring players, and for this reason i never count captain as two. I count him as one player with a big score...

Slap

I personally prefer what the AFL DT says.. 

As someone said above..

My team this round, 1375/13 (Capt. Played)..

You'll end up with 23 players otherwise, and sure it makes sense, except for the fact you dont have 23 players.  Just seems a bit funny getting technical on the division, but technically your adding a player to your total.

Don't rebut and explain it to me, cos I get it. I just prefer the above description.

Just my two cents, thats all.