Chris Dawes Tracker

Started by Master Q, April 16, 2011, 12:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Dawes got 86 this week. Against Richmond. Still backing my prediction...

Bluke

Id be happy with that score.

Dawes still looking very good IMO. one of the best on ground 86 for only 2 goals is a good score. Had something like 6 tackles. Dawes will score better in the matches where Collingwoods midfield have to be more accountable, rather than doing as they please and kicking numerous goals. 14 goal scorers last night.

I think another 20k increase for dawes bringing him up to 340,000 not bad at all.

Slap

Quote from: Bluke on April 16, 2011, 12:38:15 PM

Dawes still looking very good IMO. one of the best on ground 86 for only 2 goals is a good score. Had something like 6 tackles. Dawes will score better in the matches where Collingwoods midfield have to be more accountable, rather than doing as they please and kicking numerous goals. 14 goal scorers last night.

I think another 20k increase for dawes bringing him up to 340,000 not bad at all.

+1

Andrew

Quote from: Master Q on April 16, 2011, 12:27:30 PM

I'm just about pleased I had someone to sell to get Dawes before his first price rise, looks like a great scorer. But what's your prediction, Q?

Master Q

Quote from: Bluke on April 16, 2011, 12:38:15 PM

Hence the "Not bad". Not fantastic though.

Slap

I have always been a bit wary of FWDS in DT.  I find them to be more inconsistent than other areas of the ground - whether its because they don't kick 5 goals every week, or get a lack of feed from their midfield, who knows.

But, if Dawes had an off night like he did last night, only kicking two goals amongst 14 goal scorers, but managed to contribute via 6 tackles and forward pressure to scrape an 86..  I'd be happy.  I am a bit lenient of my fwds because I expect inconsistency, but if 86 is an off night for Dawes, I'd take it with open arms.

I think this is a realistic indicator for the rest of the season, purely because Collingwood are playing a class of football I have never seen before.  To be able to not just get to 100 points a match, but smash out 150's consistently - puts Dawes and the Collingwood FWDS in good stead this season, IMO.

swedishhmafia

I really don't see the point in selecting this guy.
Yes, he has had a good start to the season, but wait until he comes up against some of the better teams with decent fullbacks.
North, Port and Richmond are easy beats with very weak back lines and Carlton had Jamison and a second gamer in Watson in their key defensive posts.
I can see that as soon as he comes up against Lake, Tarrant, Glass, Scarlett etc he will get toweled up as usual

Andrew

Quote from: swedishhmafia on April 16, 2011, 01:09:57 PM
I can see that as soon as he comes up against Lake, Tarrant, Glass, Scarlett etc he will get toweled up as usual

Won't they play on Cloke? And won't Tarrant be playing on the same team as Dawes this season..?  ::)

Slap

Quote from: Andrew on April 16, 2011, 01:22:45 PM

Won't they play on Cloke? And won't Tarrant be playing on the same team as Dawes this season..?  ::)

Could be Robbie Tarrant - but he isn't so much a threat against Dawes IMO.

They have Cloke Dawes and sometimes Brown/Wood in their FWDS, alot of key FWDs.  I'd imagine Cloke being against the no.1 def most weeks.

Andrew

Don't think so buddy:

North, Port and Richmond are easy beats with very weak back lines and Carlton had Jamison and a second gamer in Watson in their key defensive posts.

It's the fact that Dawes and Collingwood are going to towel up 3/4 of the competition is why he's a good pick (at the 300k mark). The games Dawes comes up against good opponents will be few and far between, really.

Bluke

Quote from: Andrew on April 16, 2011, 01:32:40 PM
Don't think so buddy:

It's the fact that Dawes and Collingwood are going to towel up 3/4 of the competition is why he's a good pick (at the 300k mark). The games Dawes comes up against good opponents will be few and far between, really.

+1

just a gun

haha +1
what a space cadet

86 is very good, for a player i got for under 300k, 86 as the lowest score for a player under 300k, even better

Slap

Quote from: just a gun on April 16, 2011, 02:03:14 PM

haha +1
what a space cadet

86 is very good, for a player i got for under 300k, 86 as the lowest score for a player under 300k, even better

Thats exactly my thoughts.

LaHug

He went down to the rooms in the 3rd quarter and spent a fair bit of time off the ground. Pretty sure I'm very pleased with 86 from only 3 quarters of football.

Master Q

Quote from: LaHug on April 16, 2011, 03:15:38 PM
He went down to the rooms in the 3rd quarter and spent a fair bit of time off the ground. Pretty sure I'm very pleased with 86 from only 3 quarters of football.
You see that's what I call and excuse.

I don't see why you are all crazy for Dawes...

Oh yeh and "just a gun", nice insult  :-*