Main Menu

Is Recycling REALLY Good For Us?

Started by bunyip, April 16, 2011, 11:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

I see the papers (Geelong Addy included) are STILL going on about conspiracy theories concerning Gazza's relationship with Bomber and whether he left the club because of him and Essendon covertly contacting Bomber during the season last year.
Geez guys, it's round 4. Isn't there something more interesting going on? This subject has been done to death, move on. I'm sick of it.

Boomz

it's not gonna end anytime soon bunyip :-\

Alex7089

It will stop when Geelong fans get over Bomber leaving. So basically it will stop when they are shown that Bomber and Gaz leaving doesn't mean the club will go  to the shower.

bunyip

Thats my POINT Alex, we have gotten over it, I never hear anyone here even mention it. The media just seem to be trying to keep the issue alive for some reason. To be honest, everyone here seems perfectly happy with the way things are working out. (So far)

Cruiseon

At least it distracts from the Malthouse/Buckley saturation coverage.  It will all blow over when St.Kilda next have an inclub incident. They are probably due, it's been two weeks.

Cicjose

Quote from: Cruiseon on April 18, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

At least it distracts from the Malthouse/Buckley saturation coverage.  It will all blow over when St.Kilda next have an inclub incident. They are probably due, it's been two weeks.

:o

Milton

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 16, 2011, 07:29:41 PM
It will stop when Geelong fans get over Bomber leaving. So basically it will stop when they are shown that Bomber and Gaz leaving doesn't mean the club will go  to the shower.

Alex .. it's got nothing to do with Geelong fans getting over Bomber leaving .. we have no problem with Bomber moving on .. it's all to do with the way he left, the way he lied and the damage he did during the year .. unfortunately he will probably be remembered as much for that as his two flags

Alex7089

Quote from: bunyip on April 17, 2011, 10:16:05 PM
Thats my POINT Alex, we have gotten over it, I never hear anyone here even mention it. The media just seem to be trying to keep the issue alive for some reason. To be honest, everyone here seems perfectly happy with the way things are working out. (So far)
Milton doesn't sound over it :P
Every day I still listen to Gellong fans whining :\ I live in Geelong as well and every time I tell a person I barrack for Essendon -_-

I'd say the real supporters are probably over it. They can see Scott is competent as a senior coach and the list is still there.

Milton

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 27, 2011, 09:17:57 AM
Every day I still listen to Gellong fans whining :\ I live in Geelong as well and every time I tell a person I barrack for Essendon -_-
I'd say the real supporters are probably over it. They can see Scott is competent as a senior coach and the list is still there.
Alex .. what does 'moved on' mean ? .. what does 'get over it' mean ? .. do I think about him all the time .. no .. am I consumed by what he's doing at Essendon .. no .. do I care about him .. no .. basically I spent almost zero time worrying about him or Essendon .. but when he or Essendon come up in discussion I remember .. I'm glad he's gone but if you think Cats fans are going forgive him for the way he left, forget it .. most Dons supporters I speak to are a little embarrassed about the way the coaching staff were assembled as would any genuine person with a conscience .. that's why the keep throwing out the good old 'move on' or 'get over it' .. but you're not getting off that easy .. make your bed and liar in it

I'm a real supporter and I cannot wait until we play you lot 

Alex7089

You will beat us...Just like when bomber was there. I'm not telling you to get over bomber, but to stop telling me that Essendon 'stole' him as I get told all the time. In my opinion the fact that when Essendon comes up you think about this and him and the way he left signals you are not over it. If you were over it you wouldn't give it another thought.
of course I am disappointed in the way Jimmy and Mark entered the club, I'd prefer they were open and honest about their plans from the beginning. Fact is they can't. The politics of football, the media and the Geelong Football Club would not allow them to. How would you feel if half way through last season Bomber announced that Essendon had approached him and he was leaving Geelong at the end of the season, and then Geelong's on field performance suffered. His players would no longer be loyal to him, they wouldn't want to play for him...Or not as much as they would if they thought he was staying.

Boomz

Quote from: Milton on April 27, 2011, 10:00:10 AM
Quote from: Alex7089 on April 27, 2011, 09:17:57 AM
Alex .. what does 'moved on' mean ? .. what does 'get over it' mean ? .. do I think about him all the time .. no .. am I consumed by what he's doing at Essendon .. no .. do I care about him .. no .. basically I spent almost zero time worrying about him or Essendon .. but when he or Essendon come up in discussion I remember .. I'm glad he's gone but if you think Cats fans are going forgive him for the way he left, forget it .. most Dons supporters I speak to are a little embarrassed about the way the coaching staff were assembled as would any genuine person with a conscience .. that's why the keep throwing out the good old 'move on' or 'get over it' .. but you're not getting off that easy .. make your bed and liar in it

I'm a real supporter and I cannot wait until we play you lot

That statement just shows ur nowhere near over it... Ur not the only one though the reason why it's still in the papers is because tons of geelong fans r still going on about it.

bunyip

I think the Geelong players feel they have a point to prove to a lot of people. They actually don't, but it's human nature to want to prove wrong people who bag you.
A lot of people, including high profile media people, were ready to write Geelong off because of the termoil after last season and there age. They may yet be proved right, but the players seem to be playing with real purpose this season.
I would be surprised if any players were holding grudges with Gazza or Bomber. That would be a distraction and very negative. Have you noticed the players have never said anything about Gazza and Bomber that could be construed as sour grapes.
Thats pretty much how I feel to. You can't allow yourself to get bogged down in issues like this, we have a premiership to win.

Alex7089

Quote from: bunyip on April 27, 2011, 07:18:43 PM
I think the Geelong players feel they have a point to prove to a lot of people. They actually don't, but it's human nature to want to prove wrong people who bag you.
A lot of people, including high profile media people, were ready to write Geelong off because of the termoil after last season and there age. They may yet be proved right, but the players seem to be playing with real purpose this season.
I would be surprised if any players were holding grudges with Gazza or Bomber. That would be a distraction and very negative. Have you noticed the players have never said anything about Gazza and Bomber that could be construed as sour grapes.
Thats pretty much how I feel to. You can't allow yourself to get bogged down in issues like this, we have a premiership to win.
Now that is how someone who is over it talks.
Looking forward instead of stagnating when your coach leaves.

Smart move by the players not saying anything...They would have been told ot to especially after we saw how Brown was attacked when he called Lloyd the biggest sniper in the game and that he was out to get him. Unprofessional and unsportsmanlike.

Milton

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 27, 2011, 06:20:56 PM
I'd prefer they were open and honest about their plans from the beginning. Fact is they can't. The politics of football, the media and the Geelong Football Club would not allow them to.How would you feel if half way through last season Bomber announced that Essendon had approached him and he was leaving Geelong at the end of the season, and then Geelong's on field performance suffered. His players would no longer be loyal to him, they wouldn't want to play for him...Or not as much as they would if they thought he was staying.

Alex .. if he was planning to leave why continue on the animosity with Gazza for the rest of the season .. why didn't he bury the hatchet and get on with it .. and why did he continue the lies after the season was over. I don't mind that he's gone but if he had been open about it after the season was over, then all Geelong supporters would have wished him well considering all the years of service he has given to the club. It's just the lies and division he created with his behaviour that is upsetting and I for one will never forgive him .. he's a total pr!ck IMHO

Milton

Quote from: bunyip on April 27, 2011, 07:18:43 PM

bunyip .. I don't think they hold grudges with Gaz but not so sure with Bomber/Dons .. I'm sure they'll do their talking on the field when the two teams meet .. also having an opinion either way doesn't necessarily mean that anyone is bogged down in it .. as I said I very rarely think about it but when I do, I know what I think