Goddards goddar go

Started by just a gun, April 11, 2011, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just a gun

Thinking of swapping Goddard into the mid and trading him for curnow, then maby up grading toy to nick suban or holding on to cash for future rounds, bing that the next 3 rounds are byes.
heppell will be moved into the back line for goddard.

im thinking even if goddard has some 110+ rounds he will still drop in price, and if he re-gains his super stardom bye the end of the year i could re-bye him back, even then stkillda have a crucial bye in the finals

Thoughs?

j959

waste of a trade, plus we've already missed the Curnow boat (unless he is this year's Barlow) ...  :'(

addendum: yes, as luvfooty writes below, that's actually a potential waste of 2 trades!!  :o

LF

gotta give you a big no.
to trade him out then trade him back is a complete waste of trades.

Bluke

Quote from: luvfooty on April 11, 2011, 06:59:57 PM
gotta give you a big no.
to trade him out then trade him back is a complete waste of trades.

+1

fortynine

Waste of a trade, he will find form quickly as it's St Kilda we're talking about and he's an absolute gun...

Curnow will keep rising in price for a while yet to whomever said they missed the boat..

yorgis

waste of 2 trades and who cares if he drops in price.  what's wrong if he's belting out 110 plusses every week?  i'll be happy. besides the saints don' have a bye in the finals , it's north rnd 21, cats rnd 22, blues rnd 23, essendon rnd 24. saints have next week and rnd 14

Joe Dirt

i traded goddard for curnow last week and got myself 380 grand, a player that is currently scoring better than goddard (Even if he does pick up, which i dont think he will go back to his usual 110 average, curnow can be traded to someone who is in form later in the season when it matters, even if it is goddard, who will be worth 400g maybe only a 50-100g cost from curnow to him). So i now have the same, if not better, team then i had but with an extra 380g, which is very very handy as i wont need to waste a trade/s later downgrading some rookie/s for the money. You have to take risks "just a gun" if you wanna get anywhere in this comp, even if it is for a league win.

Davoo

Goddards goddar go and have a week off and then blow a big 150 the next

Windigo

Amazing on how many people wanna get rid of him.

Why? To make you $ 300,000+.

Your gunna use that cash to buy a premium anyway. So your not making anything.

One step forward & two steps back, you won't get far like that.

Flame

Price is irrelevant ATM...he is a prem keeper who will come good and avg 100 for the season. Just a slow start for him and the Saints!!

bundyboy

Spot on Windigo...

Trade trade trade...and all you end up doing is buying back the premium you traded out...

go for it :)

Joe Dirt

Yeah but you get 400g from it, and yeah you're gonna buy a premium, but itll only cost 50-100g

hardnut

It's a terrible trade but some people will do it regardless...Better for the rest of us if Goddard become a little more unique. He's scoring ok whilst not playing that well and Saints struggling. I'd be more worried about players like Broughton/Deledio than a backman capable of consistent 100+

Holz

Quote from: Joe Dirt on April 11, 2011, 11:02:35 PM
Yeah but you get 400g from it, and yeah you're gonna buy a premium, but itll only cost 50-100g

your not really making money, your only making 400 grand if you trade him down to a rookie who will average the same as goddard the whole season. You could trade swan down to a 80k rookie and make more money, but that is similary a bad trade.

you only drop a super premium if they are injured or have a major position change that reduces their scoring. You will kick yourself if you trade him out and he pumps out a couple of 120+ games in a row which we know is very possible

Joe Dirt

Goddard to curnow equals best trade of the year! He has dropped 140k or so and will have a high be after next week as well as he only got 41 and curnow went up 170k and averaged just as much as him. Now I can trade someone like Boyd or someone in the top 6 mids instead of having Goddard there. So I made 380k from 1 trade and didn't lose points (proli gained points) which is amazing! U glad u all kept him now? Hahaha