Main Menu

The traitor

Started by cortez, April 11, 2011, 02:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Geelong is going along nicely atm. 3-0 is a great start to the year. Does this show that ablett wasn't as important to them as everyone thought. Jimmy, Selwood and a few of the kids seem to be covering him quite well.

Bazinga

Bit hard to judge considering who they have played, but there are still plenty of quality players there to fill GAJ's shoes.

SydneyRox

Lets see how you go this week against a real team!! :)

RiOtChEsS

never thought they would struggle, their midfield is ridunkulous...

Cicjose

Quote from: Marcz on April 11, 2011, 03:15:34 PM
never thought they would struggle, their midfield is ridunkulous...

^^

This but the kids need to step up when called upon to take the game on

Usman

If you want to judge how good he is dont look at how good Geelong still is look at his influence on the game on the weekend. they would have lost by 30 goals without him.

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Usman on April 11, 2011, 04:14:04 PM
If you want to judge how good he is dont look at how good Geelong still is look at his influence on the game on the weekend. they would have lost by 30 goals without him.
+1 and also the influence he would be having on the youngsters. GAJ would be enjoying his role up there.
he's been one the best in the business and even though it's cloudy up there GAJ will eventually make the Sun shine.

SydneyRox

I also think a lot of people forgot about Joel Corey, two years ago he was right up there with GAJ and Bartell, had a bad year with niggles last year, but he is almost a brand new player this year.
The midfield is still arguably the best in the league.

Pac Man

Certainly not. I think Ablett leaving will hurt his game more than Geelong's.
They didn't really rely on him, he was one of many game winners and they have plenty of players who can replace him as the protected man. Kelly springs to mind.

Usman

they didnt rely on him but he was there best. I dont think there is much that can hurt Abletts game he is just that good avg near 120 in SC off no pre season basically and in a team that has lost by 120 then 70 none else could do that.

Pac Man

Yeah but he looked terrible and vulnerable V Carlton. Couldn't take care of himself. Leo is just saying, he won't LOOK as good as he did at Geelong.

Usman

i think he looks even better now cause he is doing it all on his own. i think you can forgive him against Carlton first game since the prelim in 2010.

Master Q

Looked way better at Geelong to me, although he achieved everything he could there.

All I can say is Gaz is  a good ball user but doesn't break through the packs like Judd or say Goodes - at Geelong he got so much supply, we'll need to see how much supply he gets a GC.

meow meow

Wasn't he number one in the league for contested possessions? It's not like he never gets his own ball. Sour Geelong fans are retarded if they think he isn't a massive loss. Selwood and Bartel are A graders so it's not like the cats will capitulate. But any team would be better off having GAJ.

Wes Mantooth

IMO the cats could have had another tilt with GAJ this year...

without him, they won't beat the pies. simple.