Dr Dreamteam

Started by redrocket, April 10, 2011, 10:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flame

McRooster

Would you trust this man????

Hi Everybody! I'm Dr Dream Team  :P

Archer11

Never trust a man afraid to show his face...

Chopps

Quote from: Windigo on April 11, 2011, 08:53:34 PM
Dr Dream Team has some helpful advice for all.

It's up to you on how you use it.

i read his blog & take the bits i want some of it is more like "why the hell would i do that?" but other peoples advice regardless how bad might give you that one unique trade or tactic (if that makes sense)

j959

wtf?! this can't be for real??

look at this Matty Boyd comment from the "doctor" ...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/111669/default.aspx

i wondering if this Mr Fantasy (from Footy record) is also (so called) Dr Dream Team doing some weird Gollum/Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde/Two-Face self-conversation??

[partial extract]

Mr Fantasy: I'm a notoriously slow starter, Doc. One year I started with a 0-4 record before going on a streak which eventually led to a premiership.
The worst thing I can do right now is panic. I'll just back my players
in. That's not to say that I won't make any trades. Ryan Gamble anyone?
He's on my bench, but scoring 18 is just not good enough.   

Dr Dream Team: The gamble did not pay off there, did it? If I was you - thankfully I'm not - I'd be using a trade to ditch him, even if it's just because he looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

Because of these triple-bye rounds, I'm tempted to trade some stars this week and pick up some points, while a lot of the competition takes it easy. It's a risk, but I'm thinking of trading Matty Boyd out this week then picking him again next week...

Mr Fantasy: That's kooky talk. Trading out, then back in? Not good. Gamble will go, and I want to see some quality performances from North's Drew Petrie
after an interrupted start to the season. I know he is a double-position player, but he needs to start contributing to my team. I'm still scratching my head at your Matty Boyd comment.

Dr Dream Team: You've got your shady head stuck in your private league, while I've opened my mind to the overall competition. While it may cost me a trade, scoring big in the weeks of triple byes is more important because it's a chance to catch up on the rest of the competition while they put their feet up and relax. You may not understand the logic, but you did struggle to pass 1800 last week, so it doesn't surprise me that these intricate tactics go beyond your Kim Kardashian-full head.

Mr Fantasy: Trade away Doc, just don't use this forum to whinge in round 24 wishing you had a few extra trades up your sleeve. I'll keep my Karadashian-eyes on the prize of beating you come finals time. By the way, your knowledge of trashy American TV is getting a little out of hand.

Holz

all i can say is wow, that has to be the worst idea ever. I could understand someone who had goddard dropping him this week to rawlings than upgrading in a few weeks once his price falls. But a double trade for 50 points max , that's stupid. It would probably be a better use of trades if you had libba to go libba to prestia than back to libba the week after., at least that would get you 50k.

Chopps

this bloke is a tool, trading matty boyd out to who ever will score him 50 maybe 60 point more then me playing a rookie then he has to trade boyd back in haha good on him he'll be copping 0's by the end of the year

Chopps

where is his rd 3 wrap?? (if there isnt one maybe its due a fairly poor score)

Chopps

surely he didnt

"Last week, I traded out Western Bulldog Matthew Boyd and St Kilda's Nick Riewoldt. Both had the bye in round four, both are captain of their respective clubs, but I wanted to bolster my score in their absence.

Into my side came Essendon skipper Jobe Watson, and Hawthorn star Cyril Rioli. I got 183 out of that pair combined, but Watson might be a keeper and he's significantly cheaper than Boyd. "

i got 120 out of harris and richardson so he burnt two trades for 63 points what the hell, does he realise he traded out a bye player for two that still have byes to come?

Chelskiman

Oh dear, what a spud.

shents

And there are people that follow his advice. I'd rather let the dog make my decision than him.

Holz

Quote from: Chopps on April 18, 2011, 11:19:17 PM
surely he didnt

"Last week, I traded out Western Bulldog Matthew Boyd and St Kilda's Nick Riewoldt. Both had the bye in round four, both are captain of their respective clubs, but I wanted to bolster my score in their absence.

Into my side came Essendon skipper Jobe Watson, and Hawthorn star Cyril Rioli. I got 183 out of that pair combined, but Watson might be a keeper and he's significantly cheaper than Boyd. "

i got 120 out of harris and richardson so he burnt two trades for 63 points what the hell, does he realise he traded out a bye player for two that still have byes to come?

i put darling and curnow on my field for boyd and goddaard and got 190 and saved the 2 trades.

thornz23

lol same holz.. that is ridiculous.. what a spud

TMurphBROWNLOW

I thought I was a DT noob  :o

Chopps

what gets me is he writes it like he is a dt genius and netted himself 183 points he doesnt take into account (assuming he had cover) the 110-120 he gets from 2 rookie (they are the worst two on the field at that)

i like the look at me look at me i scored 2137 he does but things he hasnt wasted two trades its all negated by the fact that cyril and watson need to have byes still yet wonder if he ll waste two more and trade back claiming he has got rid of one bye scored another 183 points and forgot to mention the waste of four trades.

he also mentions the 24 trades so why not use them does he think he was the only one granted 4 extra trades and 3 extra players? there isnt an advantage if the whole competition has it you flowering idiot