rate my team...

Started by theonetheycalldaz, April 10, 2011, 02:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theonetheycalldaz

hi guys,

new to the board, just wondering what advice you guys can give me.

round 1:    1,786
round 2:    2,100
round 3:    1909

my team is :

defenders: gibbs grimes goddard grundy lower davis smith (SYD) <duigan otten toy>

mids: swan pendlebury pavlich cotchin libba curnow  <helbig swallow mckenzie>

rucks: cox mumford <currie tippett(GCS)>

forwards: frankiln goodes riewoldt (StK) yarran dawes krakouer matera <maric dick sumner>

I have already burnt 4 trades (i know, probably an amateur mistake..) steviej>dawes, jselwood>swan, everitt>gibbs, montagna>curnow. Basically after selwood went down I figured he would miss a week or so, and may not be up to scratch when he got back. From memory I needed a little extra cash to get swan so I downgraded steviej to dawes. Everitt was killing me (so he gets a ton tonight of course) and I felt montagna may struggle a little without hayes..(im probably wrong on that).

I have $344,400 in the bank. I figured I may be able to get hodge/ablett with that money since they may go down a little in comming weeks.

my bench rucks need looking at since cox/mumfor share a bye, but I have a couple of weeks to rectify that.

what do you think?

j959

daz, daz, daz ... it's not your burning of the trades that is an amateur mistake - early trading can sometimes be ok but apart from Evershower to Gibbs it looks like you've sideways traded your initial premiums out, apart from downgrading Monty to Curnow.

peoples' general aim with a starting team is to pick the premiums they like and want to keep thru the season, then having enough (and hopefully the right) cash cows/cheapies who will increase in value in order to generate enough cash to bring in more premiums to hopefully finalise your team.

i don't get why you didn't just keep the faith?? i would suggest you really use your remaining trades carefully otherwise you will burn them all by round 15 or so!   ;)

you've already self-criticised your Monty trade, "(im probably wrong on that)" - well, i think you will be.
Monty will likely get around 100pts per game, he's a premium, that's why you selected him in the first place!!   :o

i'm not trying to stick the boot in, but it just don't make no sense??  ???

look, trying to be more constructive - your team is still ok and you've got cash (basically you got from trading out Monty!) to be able to do 2-3 straight upgrades at the appropriate time - ie when fallen premiums you want have 'bottomed' out ... the big mistake is that i reckon you've wasted 3 trades already.

you can read my response to your rate my SC team thread on the Cox/Mummy rd5 bye situation - you'll see in that reply, your trades in SC weren't bad like i reckon they are here for your DT team.

TheHanger

hey mate the advice i would give to you at the moment is to hang on to your trades for a while.
At the moment instead of trading have faith in your players and get higher scores by spending time and making really good descisions on your captain and emergency.
The other thing you can capitalize on is the multiposition players, spend some time getting the best team you can out of the players you have by switching the players around their various positions.
The time will come to trade when younger players start to miss their break evens or just before then. Saying this you may have to trade out Phil Davis (i assume this is your davis) unless you think you can live without him for 4 weeks. When your rookies get to their highest price trade them up to premiums, the extra cash you have will enable you to get one or two extra premiums then normal.

Moral of this post: Dont trade and focus on captaincy and multipositon

theonetheycalldaz

thanks guys for the responses.

unfortunately I had to make more trades!

phil davis got injured and looks to be out till around week 8. So I dropped him for heppell (multiposition  ;) )

I also dropped currie (syd) and picked up zac smith. this should help my rucks cinsiderably

I felt I had to make those trades.. I have $368,700 still in the bank, but shouldnt need to do too much for the next couple of weeks. (Maybe another ruck option in a couple of weeks). I should have enough money to pick up possibly 2 premiums later in the year.

I wish i could have taken more of your advice  :)

TheHanger

Yeah Unfortunately these things happen, last year i got about 6 injuries in one week. Not much you could've done there i guess.

theonetheycalldaz

hey guys,

round 4 score: 2,048
total score: 7843

traded maric $174,400 for petrie $209,700. This will fix my ruck situation.
I also bit the bullet and traded helbig (who wasnt doing anything) $117,100 for fyfe $333,100. Fyfe is due for another big increase and he gives me gooded krakouer pavlich and fyfe that can swing between mid/fwd.

still $117,400 in the bank.

team now consists of:

def: gibbs heppell goddard lower duigan otten grundy toy grimes n.smith

mid: swan pendles curnow libba swallow goodes krackouer cotchin swallow

rucks: cox mumford petrie z.smith

fwd: dawes franklin yarran fyfe pavlich n.rielwoldt matera tippett(GCS) sumner dick

I will have to wait out any problems for the next couple of weeks :)

thanks for all the advice

theonetheycalldaz

in round 6 I traded out z.smith (176,100) for mccauley (80,400).  Still leaves me with petrie on the bench for ruck cover. mccauley is now at 123,200.

round 7 I traded Otten, who was injured (197,000) to thompson (134,000). thompson is now 168,900. I also upgraded sumner (97,600) to darling (222,300).

I have $151,400. 13 trades left. I have grimes and curnow injured. yarran also may be injured, and dick I would love to trade out.

Am looking at deledio, newman, h.shaw or maybe a cheaper option like rance.

Will probably hold off on trading curnow.

thoughts???