I warned you about Dawes

Started by Master Q, April 08, 2011, 09:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

almost a powerman barlow thread lmao ;D

Master Q

Quote from: LaHug on April 10, 2011, 02:43:01 PM
Although it's premature, one quarter in and I'm really regretting picking Tapscott over Dawes.
From now on I will always go with my gut.
Once again I see nothing wrong with the move

LaHug

Cost me my league win too :(
Could be a good move in the long run, but for now it has bent me over and had its way with me.

Master Q

Quote from: LaHug on April 10, 2011, 09:40:20 PM
Cost me my league win too :(
Could be a good move in the long run, but for now it has bent me over and had its way with me.
You did think that Tap would never outscore Dawes on his own this round right?

LaHug

Of course I didn't think Tap would outscore Dawes. Just shattered that the difference in scores would've been enough to make me win my league game instead of lose.

Master Q

Quote from: LaHug on April 10, 2011, 10:08:11 PM
Of course I didn't think Tap would outscore Dawes. Just shattered that the difference in scores would've been enough to make me win my league game instead of lose.

Well you could of used the money made this round... I don't see how this my fault?

Holz

Quote from: Master Q on April 10, 2011, 08:34:55 PM
Although it's premature, one quarter in and I'm really regretting picking Tapscott over Dawes.

even with hindsight i would make to move to tap over dawes. If dawes somehow keeps his average above 90 + he will be good but any less and he isnt really a keeper. in my team i like to have 85+ min average for my forwards and backs and 100+ for my mids. If dawes doenst average the 85 , which i dont think he will i would find that a bad pick as i would prbably end up upgrading him.

Chopps

Quote from: LaHug on April 10, 2011, 10:08:11 PM

dont look at it like that. tapscott will hopefully supply you the cash for someone better then dawes.

Bluke

Dawes will avg enough to be a keeper

Slap

Um, I don't understand all this criticism of Dawes..  Pretty sure Collingwood look a class above everyteam this season (so far), and I don't see them slowing down (although other teams may catch up a bit)..

Regardless, Dawes has a body built for AFL and the regular and good delivery to him by the collingwood mids should be enough for him to score enough.

Thats MY opinion.

And while on the subject of Dawes v Tapscott...  Dawes SHOULD score more than the kid.  Dawes has games under his belt, plays in a more consistent team and has good hands.  Im not saying, Tapscott isnt a good pick (I have him), but having Michael Barlow expectations of rookies is stupid - but if it happens, its a bonus.

Bluke

+1 Slap

Its also worth mentioning that Dawes is getting his tons without kicking bags of goals. Only three on the weekend. Which is a bloody good sign, cause if he can put home 5 or 6 that means he is capable of 140+ scores.

Slap

Quote from: Bluke on April 11, 2011, 03:29:47 PM
+1 Slap

Its also worth mentioning that Dawes is getting his tons without kicking bags of goals. Only three on the weekend. Which is a bloody good sign, cause if he can put home 5 or 6 that means he is capable of 140+ scores.

Also, I watched the game on friday night and Cloke was getting all the delivery in the first half.  I'm not sure whether Dawes wasn't presenting well enough and as enough as Cloke, but he never saw the ball.  The fact that he was down and out, and managed to claw his way back to 100ish score is a very good sign, in MY eyes anyway.

I noticed someone called it junk time, I don't remember who and I can't be bothered scrolling back through this convo, But, Junk time or not, a score is a score.  I'd prefer a player that got junk time and got 100, rather than stay on 50 for the game.

Also, I don't think Dawes was an accurate description of Junktime, unless Junktime started midway through the 3rd qtr.

Bluke

Some people on this site use the term junktime very loosely.

Master Q

Quote from: Holzman on April 11, 2011, 01:30:35 AM
Quote from: Master Q on April 10, 2011, 08:34:55 PM

even with hindsight i would make to move to tap over dawes. If dawes somehow keeps his average above 90 + he will be good but any less and he isnt really a keeper. in my team i like to have 85+ min average for my forwards and backs and 100+ for my mids. If dawes doenst average the 85 , which i dont think he will i would find that a bad pick as i would prbably end up upgrading him.
That's what I'm saying. If he really wanted to win his game he could of used the extra money. It's got nothing to do with just going with your guts and that my idea was the wrong one.

LaHug

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions and I hope you're right! Sorry if I seem very disagreeable, Dream Team has been flowering me over too much this season and I'm very frustrated.