I warned you about Dawes

Started by Master Q, April 08, 2011, 09:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatters24

First question on ask master q on Friday will be "so how many points did Dawes score last week??".

Q, for a bloke that's been on this website for so long, the timing of this thread was just poor, particularly when the bloke in question ha scored well lately and the fact that he is a forward in a good team who if collingwood ever runs away with the game e will most likely do well in "junk time"

Master Q

"At least he had the guts to speak his mind."

Just like to put this out there. At least I'm out there on Friday 30 Minutes before lockout giving good advice (most of the time).

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks when Dawes will have shockers and all of you will start crying and wanting to trade him out.

LaHug

Quote from: Master Q on April 09, 2011, 02:52:14 PM

Just like to put this out there. At least I'm out there on Friday 30 Minutes before lockout giving good advice (most of the time).

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks when Dawes will have shockers and all of you will start crying and wanting to trade him out.
I hope you're right and/or that Tapscott outscores him. Otherwise I'll be fuming that I didn't go with my gut.

Master Q

You can't judge it like that. Tap is a rookie (a good rookie I'll add, and will come close to Dawes) Dawes is not. You made a lot of cash going to Tap and you can use that towards an upgrade somewhere else.

Bluke

LaHug

Quote from: Master Q on April 09, 2011, 02:59:51 PM
You can't judge it like that. Tap is a rookie (a good rookie I'll add, and will come close to Dawes) Dawes is not. You made a lot of cash going to Tap and you can use that towards an upgrade somewhere else.
And I could've got a keeper in Dawes straight away (or at least a great stepping stone). So, instead of making an upgrade elsewhere, I could've had a premium already...
Seems like I've made the wrong move but we'll have to wait and see.

Bluke

Tapscott isnt the 'wrong' move, but it may not have been the 'best' move ;)

She'll be right mate

Master Q

Quote from: LaHug on April 09, 2011, 03:26:25 PM
Quote from: Master Q on April 09, 2011, 02:59:51 PM
And I could've got a keeper in Dawes straight away (or at least a great stepping stone). So, instead of making an upgrade elsewhere, I could've had a premium already...
Seems like I've made the wrong move but we'll have to wait and see.

Dawes needs to score 30 more points than Tap in the next few weeks for it to be a bad move

chrisuzz

Like I think Q has said, Dawes is a short term fix, where as Tapscott will be better in the long term making more cash, which will help you get a player that can be much better the Dawes.

Spite

Stop making premature comments. No one knows for certain, most of this is stupid.

Bluke

I disagree Chrisuzz, Dawes looks like a keeper this season. In his fourth year, getting a good supply with a big body, can take a mark, tackle and kick goals. He will avg 85-90+ IMO, which is a keeper avg down fwd. He is better of getting dawes over tapscott if dawes turns out to be a keeper because thats two less trades.

Player x -> Dawes (keeper)

vs

Player x -> Tapscott
Tapscott -> rookie a (new starter)
rookie b (cow already on his list) -> Keeper X

chrisuzz

yehh true i see your point there Bluke, butlike Spite said we can only wait ;)

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Master Q on April 09, 2011, 02:52:14 PM

What are you talking about, Dawes has scored me 340 points in 3 rounds and he's under 300k.

LaHug

Although it's premature, one quarter in and I'm really regretting picking Tapscott over Dawes.
From now on I will always go with my gut.

ossie85

Well done to the guys who got Dawes, has been in a great form. Probably monster the Tigers next week also.

ALMOST traded Jurrah for Tapscott. This makes me happy