yes or no

Started by Footy God, April 06, 2011, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yorgis

even if they do, both js's pretty much the same i reckon, [ especially if libba keeps it up ], and libba's $60k to the good. i'm tending to think that noy only will trades be handy this year, but i reckon having cash in hand, could also help u get a premo using 1 trade instead of 2

Slap

Quote from: Footy God on April 07, 2011, 12:15:59 AM
Quote from: yorgis on April 07, 2011, 12:13:59 AM
almost same team as mine, and have made no trades yet. tempted to go swallow >>>>>libba
Same here man. That seems like a wasted trade to me, there is no reason why Swallow cant average the same as Libba

I agree, but not entirely.  Here's my two cents. 

1) You bag about 68K from downgrading Swallow to Libba.

2) Come round 10 and they both average 75 and their prices level out - Libba has earnt you 68k more than Swallow.  Because he was cheaper and is now the same price as Swallow, that in essence is another 68k gain.  (So, your up 136k)

3) If the scores continue how they are atm, where Libba is averaging more than Swallow.  Libba's price will be higher than Swallow's once they both settle mid season - (so you will net 136k + more)

I hope my thinking makes sense, that was my main point i wanted to say.  Sure Swallow is a solid pick, but 1 trades and potentially over 100k earned, to me isn't a wasted trade.

Bluke

Footy God

Quote from: Slap on April 07, 2011, 12:52:34 AM
Quote from: Footy God on April 07, 2011, 12:15:59 AM
Quote from: yorgis on April 07, 2011, 12:13:59 AM
almost same team as mine, and have made no trades yet. tempted to go swallow >>>>>libba
Same here man. That seems like a wasted trade to me, there is no reason why Swallow cant average the same as Libba

I agree, but not entirely.  Here's my two cents. 

1) You bag about 68K from downgrading Swallow to Libba.

2) Come round 10 and they both average 75 and their prices level out - Libba has earnt you 68k more than Swallow.  Because he was cheaper and is now the same price as Swallow, that in essence is another 68k gain.  (So, your up 136k)

3) If the scores continue how they are atm, where Libba is averaging more than Swallow.  Libba's price will be higher than Swallow's once they both settle mid season - (so you will net 136k + more)

I hope my thinking makes sense, that was my main point i wanted to say.  Sure Swallow is a solid pick, but 1 trades and potentially over 100k earned, to me isn't a wasted trade.
Swallow-Curnow (60k)
Swallow then reaches 300k for example, Curnow also 300k. You have only made 60k. Dont know where the other 60k came from :5 For trades you really want to make 150kish. That means Curnow will have to make another 90k more than Swallow while holding his spot. Unlikely.

bundyboy

tks Footy God...

I was going to explain the same way - via example.

you only get 1 benefit of $68k - you can't double up.

if you think one is going to average more than the other - then pick the one you recon...but if both about the same, you are simply swapping 1 trade for $68k - and I'm not convinced that is worth it.

Footy God

Toy out. Are you serious GC? Tore up in the half you played him for last week then you drop him? Disgrace

Savage named so I wont be trading.

Footy God

Looks like the answer should have been YES. FMDT!