Should I trade for tapscott?

Started by BillyBass, April 05, 2011, 05:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyBass

My forward line reads:

N Riewoldt, Buddy, Goodes, Green, Yarran, Petrie, Richardson (Darling, Matera, Dixon)

Im going to trade Atley to Curnow, now Im contemplating using my other trade for the week bringing in Tapscott. If I bring him in, who gets the chop?

Im keen to keep the faith with Yarran

Petrie provides a DPP link to the rucks

Richardson and Darling will score well enough

I like the look of Matera, and I want to keep Dixon to do a similar role to Gumbleton last year

Who goes??

ajjewell

Darling he is in the weakest team won't score as well as the others

nas

Well all that's left is Richardson. Or 1 of your top notches.

eagles929406

richardson goes, darling gonna play all season dont ike richardson JS when north get a few back from injury

Hippo

Quote from: eagles929406 on April 05, 2011, 05:42:27 PM
richardson goes, darling gonna play all season dont ike richardson JS when north get a few back from injury
why did you pick him in the first place if thats your thinking after 2 games?

eagles929406

Quote from: Hippo on April 05, 2011, 05:48:46 PM
Quote from: eagles929406 on April 05, 2011, 05:42:27 PM
why did you pick him in the first place if thats your thinking after 2 games?

how did you know i picked him in my team? unless you read another post i guess, i just thought he was better than he has performed, against eagles was barely sighted and same against the pies. could be in some trouble IMO  after an impressive pre season, wish i was nostradamos though

tom_rox2

Get rid of richardson for tapscott i say

mdon11

Keep in mind when reading this post, I am assuming you are going for overall.

You do realise that if you bring in Tapscott you will be eating a doughnut in round 5 if you go Richardson/Yarran/Darling/Matera/Dixon -> Tapscott

This is because West Coast (Darling), Sydney (Goodes) and Melbourne (Green, and Tapscott if you get him) all share the bye. That is 4 people for three bench spots.

Essentially this leaves you with Darling ->Tapscott which in my opinion is a waste of time since as you said Darling is scoring well and has job security and trading a premium at this stage is a waste of a trade.

All in all, it depends on whether or not you have a DPP link for Goodes to the midfield that is playing along with midfield cover, namely Krakouer. I don't know the rest of your team so that is hard for me to say but if you have DPP type cover (Krakouer) then I guess you can trade Richardson or Dixon out if you want.

BillyBass

Thanks for pointing that out mdon. I do have krak in the mids so I would be able to swap him and goodes to avoid the donut.

Im surprised people are suggesting Richardson. Preseason he was all the rage, and one of the rookies we all locked in...im hesitant to get rid of him because he will moo a little slower than some others, which isnt necessarily a bad thing.