murphy   22
dal santo   20
ablett   19-20
selwood   19
priddis   18-19
cox    18-19
thompson   18

Spite

I hope Pendles is BOG this weekend and Judd has a stinker, so that things get very interesting!

MalteserMan

Usman, don't want to read 23 pages to find out but what are your votes based on? stats? radio? watching the game?

Just wondering as I think your votes in the Hawks v Bulldogs game are way off the mark.

Usman

Quote from: MalteserMan on September 02, 2011, 09:20:56 AM
Usman, don't want to read 23 pages to find out but what are your votes based on? stats? radio? watching the game?

Just wondering as I think your votes in the Hawks v Bulldogs game are way off the mark.

All 3 actually, stats are usually an ok indicator so if I'm in doubt I always allow stats to pick the votes for me. Haw v WB was a particularly hard game to allocate votes. Hodge and puopolo were very very unlucky especially puopolo 27 touches with an extremely high efficiency wasn't enough to outpoll sewell's 30 inside touches with good efficiency. Bruest was an interesting one only 22 touches but 2 goals and 4 goal assits was to much scoreboard impact to ignore likewise with buddy's 20 touches with 5 goals 4 behinds. Main reasons for hodge not polling were a poor efficiency rate because other than that his stats were good, but the min reason is he has a terrible polling history.

8-6 Suited

Usman

QuoteIn other words, its all bullshower.

HAHA basically. Try my best but im not confident that there will be 10 players polling over 20 votes this year. FAIL. I am confident however it will be a good indicator as to who should win, place and poll well. Just maybe on a lower polling top 10 though

8-6 Suited

Your method is probably best suited to picking the B&F's at each club. The brownlow really isn't super predictable.

upthemaidens

to be fair Usman doesnt make anyone read his thread, so if u dont like his scoring system than dont waste your time reading it.
  its a guideline,  ofcourse its not gunna be exact..  the umpires dont get it right either

RiOtChEsS

i think Judd hasnt polled in recent weeks, needs a blinder 8)

PowerBug

It's who the umpires see the most. Codx and Priddis. That's why they'll come top 2 :P :P

madskill55

Quote from: PowerBug on September 02, 2011, 04:07:49 PM
It's who the umpires see the most. Codx and Priddis. That's why they'll come top 2 :P :P

If its about "who the umpires see the most" then Sandy aka the "big 211" would surely be up there haha...Just see last years first 10 or so rounds, thats why sandy was up there cause the umpy could "see" him the most :P

PowerBug

Quote from: madskill55 on September 02, 2011, 04:45:57 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 02, 2011, 04:07:49 PM

If its about "who the umpires see the most" then Sandy aka the "big 211" would surely be up there haha...Just see last years first 10 or so rounds, thats why sandy was up there cause the umpy could "see" him the most :P
You know what i mean. The umps notice Them with the ball more than a Daniel Cross, coz they are giants and Priddis has long hair.

bisazc887

Quote from: Marcz on September 02, 2011, 04:02:05 PM
i think Judd hasnt polled in recent weeks, needs a blinder 8)

Carrazo or scotland against saints, Judd will face 1 of the 2 best taggers in the game or maybe even both :P

Usman

its impossible to predict but i have fun trying to find a scoring system that is close enough. The game has changed alot this year and contested possesions are not as valuable as they used to be with teams using the press. next years system will be altered by rewarding outside players and defenders a little more by incorporating efficiency with less emphasis on contested footy