Brownlow Predictions Round 24: Judd to win, but wait there is more

Started by Usman, April 05, 2011, 02:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU1101

Good Job mate. Reilly doesnt get 3 for round one, didnt poll a single coaches vote or rate a mention in any reports. I do a similar thing and made a couple hundred on judd last year. Ill be interested to see how it goes comparatively. Keep it up.

Usman

QuoteGood Job mate. Reilly doesnt get 3 for round one, didnt poll a single coaches vote or rate a mention in any reports. I do a similar thing and made a couple hundred on judd last year. Ill be interested to see how it goes comparatively. Keep it up

Listened to most of the game on the radio and must admit i wouldnt have given him any votes but the 3 needed to go to a Crow because they won and Danger was too quiet in the first 3 quarters. none else was above 120 in my scoring system and burgouyne and rioli were 122 and 125 respectively but couldnt give them votes on the basis that adelaide won and danger was great in the 4th.
The scores from my system were:
Rielly 152 26 possesions, 17 contested, 8 clearences, 4 tackles, 5 inside 50's, 1 contested mark
Mitchell 145 38 possesions, 12 contested, 5 clearences, 5 tackles, 5 inside 50's
Dangerfield 122 17 possesions, 8 contested, 3 clearences, 3 tackles, 6 inside 50's, 3 goals

Usman

QuoteOne Multi i put on was 2552/1, got halved because Sylvia drew with Davey.

BL best way to make money there is in betting imo... as your betting on something thats already happened. I outlayed $300 and got back 8.7k. Then backed Hayes  and Pendles for the Norm Smith.

oh ye just a lazy 8.7K no big deal   ::) :o ;D

roo boys!

Justin Bieber

Like I'll ever see that much many! Great return there Hippo!

Too bad I can't bet :(. I miss out by a few weeks :P.

eagles929406

Usman
rnd 1 eagles north game
embley was the difference in the game, should poll votes maybe ahead of priddis, agree with swallow getting one, cox should get 3, but he and pederson played off each other for cheap possies and cox went down with cramp in last quarter with no real impact on game apart from a goal in last term. Woldn't surprise if embley even got the 3, cox 2, swallow 1.

Usman

QuoteUsman
rnd 1 eagles north game
embley was the difference in the game, should poll votes maybe ahead of priddis, agree with swallow getting one, cox should get 3, but he and pederson played off each other for cheap possies and cox went down with cramp in last quarter with no real impact on game apart from a goal in last term. Woldn't surprise if embley even got the 3, cox 2, swallow 1.

mmm you make a very good point, wouldnt be surprised if Embley polls 3 i didnt watch the game what role did he play? it would seem he picked up alot of loose ball affecting his score through my system, which tends to favour midfielders that get there hands dirty with contested possies and clearences. Also Cox doesnt tend to poll very well.

i Had:
Cox 177
Priddis 151
Swallow 148
Embley 119

eagles929406

Quote from: Usman on April 07, 2011, 10:45:22 PM
QuoteUsman
rnd 1 eagles north game

mmm you make a very good point, wouldnt be surprised if Embley polls 3 i didnt watch the game what role did he play? it would seem he picked up alot of loose ball affecting his score through my system, which tends to favour midfielders that get there hands dirty with contested possies and clearences. Also Cox doesnt tend to poll very well.

i Had:
Cox 177
Priddis 151
Swallow 148
Embley 119

he played mainly on wing, floated through midfield and forward, he had 28 possies including 11 cont only 3 players had more contested in match, it was mainly his use of the pill also, setup some goals at crucial stages including handballing to cox in the goalsqaure in last qrt when running into open goal(if take that goal off cox and back to embley how it affect your scoring)
                         D      K      H     G      B        SC   CM   UM     T     CL     C      FF     FA     CP     UP    I50   A      EFF
   A.Embley    28    14    14    1    0    131     0    6    5    3    1    0    0    11    18    3    2    79%

Usman

Quotehe played mainly on wing, floated through midfield and forward, he had 28 possies including 11 cont only 3 players had more contested in match,
Cox (15) Priddis (17) and Swallow (14) had more contested posessions.

Quote(if take that goal off cox and back to embley how it affect your scoring)
Goals are woth 10 points in my system so cox would end up on 167 and embley 129. i wont change my votes for this game but i can definately see why embley could poll or even poll 3. I just want to stay consistent with my system to see how accurate it is. Thanks heeaps for the advice though, really good info.

korza

@Monty
@Prospector
@Ossie
@HHPLZ

I wish to nominate Usman to receive a full coaches badge as a default against the amount of posts policies. This thread is quality and needs to be recognised. It is obvious Usman is sharing all the hard and time consuming efforts with us The Fanfooty community.
Could one of the above assist with putting forward this nomination ?

KORZA

bomberboy0618

i second that.
I reckon we get a petition going that if it gets 200 signatures that he becomes a coach.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: korza on April 08, 2011, 06:42:43 PM
@Monty
@Prospector
@Ossie
@HHPLZ

I wish to nominate Usman to receive a full coaches badge as a default against the amount of posts policies. This thread is quality and needs to be recognised. It is obvious Usman is sharing all the hard and time consuming efforts with us The Fanfooty community.
Could one of the above assist with putting forward this nomination ?

KORZA
I honestly don't have much power ;). He's putting in alot of effort and is recognised by the majority of us! But coaches have to get the 1000 posts to get up the rankings (don't think m0nty can do anything about that). Don't need to be a coach to earn our respect :).

bomberboy0618

can we just call him an honorary coach?

ossie85

Usman will get here eventually :) Though very quality stuff

Usman

Thanks guys. Ill get there the right way though.  ;D