Brownlow Predictions Round 24: Judd to win, but wait there is more

Started by Usman, April 05, 2011, 02:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usman

QuoteSticking with Marco Murphy

Just keeps chipping away he has polled in 9 of 11 games Carlton has played by my calculations

I AM SO GLAD i did this because i realised that i missed round 7 When Mads was kind enough to do my votes for me that murphy polled 2 against StK actually putting him in the lead with 19 votes  :o

I will fix up the leaderboards and maybe some other votes i have missed in round 7 when i can be bothered. Id like to clear up that the confusion is purely my fault as i moved votes after round 7 to a seperate excell document so dont feel bad mads.

Usman

looks like murphy could poll again  :-\ if he does that is 10 times out of 12 games that he has polled this season by my calculations. ( the most ever is 14 by Robert Harvey in 98) Im worried that is really really high. I remember Judd polled 5 consecutive 3 last year from rounds 4-8 and polled in the first 8 games of the year in 07 for 16 votes but this is on a whole other level he has the potential to be 20+ votes with still 10 games for carlton to play  :o

Round 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13
Votes  3  2      2  2     2      2   2    2    2   ?

Justin Bieber

Murphy and Pendles are Jets. If you can get them to outpoll Judd + Swan at tasty odds, I may take them 8). Can you do that? :P.

Usman

QuoteMurphy and Pendles are Jets. If you can get them to outpoll Judd + Swan at tasty odds, I may take them . Can you do that?  :P

ill try my best  :P i think you will get good odds on murphy just because Judd is Judd everyone in the footy circles love him and many think he has the brownlow sewn up ( or at least he should be the favourite). i think after todays game though where Murphy should poll, he is looking like pulling away to an even further lead and could be hard to catch. Its a big call but so far it looks like its down to a 3 horse race with Murphy, Judd and Pendlebury many other players are too far away, their teams dont win enough or suspension has ruled them out. Murphy could be on 22 votes after just 12 games. UNBELEIVABLE could break R. Harveys record of 32 votes and has possibly polled in 10 games, also closing in on Harvey's record of polling in 14 games in a single season.

Justin Bieber

Judd is a Superstar but since Murphy is on the same team gets less noticed. He's not as Gamebreaking as Judd but people forget how consistent he is and such a glue in their team. He's consistently AWESOME :P.

If he breaks that record, it'll be insane :o. Wonder how much that bet would pay off....

Usman

sorry guys been working LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG days will get the last couple of weeks up in the next couple of days  ;)

korza

Usman where have you been, really missed reading this thread. I too think it is a done deal with the trio you have mentioned. As an absolute bolter, what are your thoughts on Molony as a top 5 pick ?

KORZA

meow meow

You can give up on this thread now. Murphy has the Brownlow in the bag.

elephants

Absolute star. Might have a little splurge on him. What's he paying?

ossie85

eagles929406

wot about priddis from eagles? polled extremely well last year in a pathetic season and has been extremely consistant again this year

Junktimer

Gday lads, I just noticed this thread.

I too have been obliviously running my own phantom brownlow medal.  I have updated mine from round 16, and have awarded for every single match this year with a 3-2-1 which I can recall if any of you are curious.

I noticed Usman's absence after the great job he has done, so I'll help him out here.

Round 16 votes.

West Coast Vs. Geelong
3- Embley
2- Priddis
1- Kerr

Hawthorn Vs. Brisbane
3- Hodge
2- Mitchell
1- Gibson

Gold Coast Vs. Sydney
3- O'Keefe
2- McVeigh
1- Goodes

Essendon Vs. Richmond
3- Stanton
2- Crameri
1- Zaharakis

Collingwood Vs. North Melbourne
3- Swan
2- Pendlebury
1- Thomas

Port Adelaide Vs. St. Kilda
3- Dal Santo
2- Goddard
1- Gamble

Western Bulldogs Vs. Carlton
3- Cooney
2- Gibbs
1- M.Murphy

And the leaderboard so far is...

Sam Mitchell and Marc Murphy- 20
Matthew Boyd and Brent Moloney- 17
Chris Judd, Matt Priddis and Scott Pendlebury- 16
Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson and Dane Swan- 15

If you want to know any other game's votes, or any player's current vote tally, give us a shout.

Cheers

elephants

Where does Ryan O'keefe fit into the leaderboard? I was just curious as he is paying nice odds as Sydneys highest vote getter.

Junktimer

I have O'Keefe on 14 votes, Goodes on 12 and Bolton on 10.

What are O'Keefe's odds?

The return