How to improve my DT?

Started by Magpie42, April 04, 2011, 03:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magpie42

Hi All, can anyone suggest how to improve my Dreamteam?
Scored 2032 in R2.

Back - J.Grimes, B.Goddard, B.Deledio, M.Hurley, N.Lower, D.Heppell, N.Duigan - subs J.Laidler, S.Buckley, M.Hibberd

Midfield - M.Murphy, S.Pendlebury, K.Jack, M.Boyd, S.Burgoyne, D.Swallow - subs E.Curnow, R.Conca, M.Wallis

Ruck - A.Sandilands, M.Jamar - subs T.Vickery, L.Keeffe

Forward - C.Rioli, A.Goodes, L.Franklin, P.Chapman, A.Krakouer, B.Matera, C.Richardson - subs G.Rohan, D.Prestia, D.Astbury

Do I hold off until after Round 3? Probably yes?

Salary remaining is only $33,900.

thornz23

u wanna possibly do a couple of trades this week before u have the first price changes. i would suggest wallis to libba.. i would also consider astbury to tapscott. the other thing is obviously u have no swan and imo eeeeeeeeeevery team should have him. but i dnt hink u can reli get him until some of ure cash cows have fattened up

Magpie42

Thanks Thornz23.
I actually had to choose between Wallis and Libba before R1 and obviously got the wrong one! Will make that move, Libba looks like he'll get alot of game time this year.
Astbury looked liked he be a good pick up but hasn't done much yet but Tapscott has huge potential.
Seems to be a great year for draftees, most are performing.
Wish I could have Swan being a Pies fan and all, hence Pendlebury in my team, just can't afford him yet.

Master Q

You could improve the backline a little bit. If you need cash you could downgrade Jamar to Zac Smith. Also Rioli is out for one so make sure you take him off the field.

chaosAD

I'd go Jamar to Smith and then go Burgoyne to Swan
You'll make 10-15 points per game with Smith in and another 30 or 40 with Swan week in week out !
Get Swan now before he gets to $600,000!

Master Q

Magpie42

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

I went with -

Wallis to Liberatore, Wallis has made no money yet Libba is going to go up quite quickly in the early rounds, had to get on board.

Astbury to Tapscott, Astbury is dead money to keep in the short term but Tapscott is a progressive money earner I feel, worth getting.

Prospector_1