Biggest issue of the week

Started by cortez, April 04, 2011, 12:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

I can c 100 threads about this this week. So how about we just make 1. So work wanna get rid of either Atley, irons, bewick or another under performing rookie mid. And the question is who to put in curnow or libba. Well lets discuss...

Blueboys

I already have Liba  ;D so easy choice for me!  8)

PiggyPommy

Bewick actually had a good game over the weekend, he just was fairly ineffective which hurt his score. He will come good.

Now Atley im not certain about but burning a trade for Curnow who may/may not keep his spot and has played two teams that give up big fantasy scores? Im not sure.

cortez

I'm thinking Atley can't go any worse and does have js. He has to improve doesn't he?

Flemo

Currently Andrew Collins and Brock McLean aren't playing in Carltons team. Both players were easily in their former teams best 22.

I like the looks of Curnow but I'm concerned that he may get squeezed out of the line up.

In saying that the Dogs midfield of Sherman, Cooney, Griffen, Cross, Boyd, Ward, Higgins plus a couple of others that can rotate through. With promising youngsters in Moles and Wallis then its amazing how Liberatore has been given a chance and well done for him on taking his chance.

My point is that making a trade is a risk because whoever you trade out is losing them before they earn you anything. I'm in two minds because before price rises I dont want to miss out on a potential Michael Barlow of 2011.

Usman

Collins wasnt easily in Richmonds 22. VERY overatted

Head Coach

Why is everyone so doubtful over Curnows Js? Its not like Carlton have many to come back in... People are saying Mclean is a big one, who yes, if is in form should make the best 22, but in saying that I'd say that there are plenty who should get the boot before Curnow? He has proven himself to be a quality player thus far, he is a good team player and is well built for AFL. Thoughts?

Alex7089

Well Ellard and Jamison are ready to come back.
Tehn Mclean, and Houlihan is not too far away either. If they all play that is 4 spots. Is Ed still safe?

cortez

Question: how would curnow or libba go if they had to play over in Perth for there first game as an 18 year old then back to play Collingwood the week after. Don't reckon many kids would do that well

Head Coach

Is that even a possible situation for either of them? They've already got a couple of games under their belts, they look like they fit right in (unlike many other first year players) and even if they do face a a situation involving traveling and playing a strong team, then thats only like one or two games slightly under par assuming that theory is even correct?

Alex7089

Quote from: cortez on April 04, 2011, 01:56:22 PM
Question: how would curnow or libba go if they had to play over in Perth for there first game as an 18 year old then back to play Collingwood the week after. Don't reckon many kids would do that well
Not great.
Luckily for both of them they wouldn't get beaten as heavily as NM would.
Also I doubt it will be that warm in Perth in other games...Was terrible luck for the young guys playing.

It is a lot harder to be a young kid in a bad team (or a team that is losing) than a good team.

fever

so what are peoples thoughts on libba's JS?

Prospector_1

Quote from: cortez on April 04, 2011, 01:56:22 PM

I think Curnow is a bit older than that.

Alex7089

tjeff

I have S.Buckley on my bench. whats his JS like? should i use a trade to snare either libba or cunrow? this will aslo leave me without a MMP mid/back