6 Frees for
0 Frees against
17 contested possessions
8 Inside 50's

Clearly a dominant match winning performance

Maca24

6 frees for. Worst game of football flowering umpires  >:( >:( >:(

supercoach addict

Who ever said it was a joke? The guy is a established gun, with a style of playing suited to SC. Only a fool would doubt the accuracy of that score.

charliesheen

nathan11

also got the last goal that put them in front, would have been worth a lot that one

C-Dogg

welldone charlie sheen for having him captain, let alone having him in your team in the first place lolll

Alex7089

Don't bag the pick! I had him last year and loved his work!
Knows how to pump out a big score and will still go OK when he tags because he gets so much contested footy. The man has missed 2 games in like 8 seasons and averages over 90 basically every season.

Bazinga

Quote from: Maca24 on April 03, 2011, 07:07:14 PM
Swans got twice as many frees as Essendon. It was the worst umpiring and most one-sided umpiring I have ever seen. Stanton should have got a free in the forward pocket in the dying stages to win the game but the umps didn't see it  ::)

PICCOLLO

I guess that's what make SC so unique.  It factors winning goals and last qtr efforts to win games.  That Essendon game was a joke, Hardingham got a handball away and got done for holding it and Swans got double the free kicks.  Ruined a great game for me.

sid3bysid3

he's kicked 3 two weeks in a row = very good unique!

RiOtChEsS

Jude is a nuts an bolts player and he was his usual self today but incredibly efficient and his biggest impact was when the game was in the balance, love the score he thoroughly deserves it and love SC  ;)

diddley

Quote from: Bazinga on April 03, 2011, 10:07:47 PM
Swans got twice as many frees as Essendon.
when people quote this, sometimes they dont understand that free arent supposed to be handed out evenly, they are supposed to be handed out when someone does something wrong. the umpires dont have a quota for the night that they hand out like credits to both teams. just coz the swans got more frees, doesnt mean the umpires where doing wrong, it might actually mean that the bombers were doing something wrong.

bottlemart

Quote from: Bazinga on April 03, 2011, 10:07:47 PM
Swans got twice as many frees as Essendon. It was the worst umpiring and most one-sided umpiring I have ever seen. Stanton should have got a free in the forward pocket in the dying stages to win the game but the umps didn't see it  ::)
Stop whingeing about umpires.  It's the biggest cop out in football to just blame the umps.  No Free to Stanton cos there wasn't one there.  Stanton just missed a loose ball and the swans cleared it away.

I don't barrack for either team.  I'm neutral, so I can comment impartially, and as diddley rightly points out, there is nothing to say the free kicks should be even.  Free kicks are paid to players who in most cases are first to the ball, and when they are not first to the ball, they are able to lay a correct tackle on the opposition player. 

Essendon played well but the Swans were slightly better team on the day.  Supporters who whinge about umpires every week are looking with their one and only eye, and cannot see the game as it really is.  To hear fans whingeing like this becomes very tiring.  Just get on with it.  If a team is good enough to win a game, they will.

Hydra

No free kick there? You're as blind as the umpires!

bottlemart

Quote from: Hydra on April 05, 2011, 01:08:30 PM
No free kick there? You're as blind as the umpires!
Another one whingeing about friggin umpires.  There's 100 minutes of football.  Stop trying to pick out one incident and say you were hard done by.  You hear this crap from disgruntled supporters every week.  Maybe one day you will get the so called rub of the green, and win a close game.  I don't imagine you will be p!ssing and moaning about umpires then.