What to do with Everitt

Started by Hazza09, April 03, 2011, 07:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazza09

:-X

Enough said, he has to go. Happy with my team overall but with only 14k in the bank dont know what to do with Everitt.
Do i downgrade him to a rookie? or someone between 300-200k
Or try and upgrade him? Would have to burn 2 trades, not worth it i reckon.

Anyone else in the same position?

davep

Yep, me too. Too early to be looking at double trades unless you really need to. He's a mid range player at best anyway, but will play most weeks. Probably best to just wait it out until you can do a proper upgrade to a premium.

CrowsFan

I think a lot of people have been burned by Everitt. Played a completely different role during the pre season which is why his scores were so high!
I think I will be trading him out this week. Most likely a downgrade to a rookie, which will probably be Heppell. That will leave me with cash in the bank so hopefully will only need 1 trade to upgrade a rookie to a fallen prem :)

Hazza09

Crowsfan......what about Matt Suckling? 220k has done ok so far especially tonight against the dees...

CrowsFan

Suckling never averaged more than 60. I would prefer to risk on a rookie than spend more on another risk

cortez

I'm trading him out. Thinking either sideways to adcock, risk with suckling or downgrading to heppell or otten. Best option would be?

charliesheen

Go with Heppel

I have ADcock, going from Everitt to Adcock is just one risk to another.  Davis is another option but we don't know enough about his role yet.

if u can afford it try to jump on grundy like i said b4.

tferrier18

I'm going Everitt to Heppell...and I'm furious about it

A) Furious at Everitt's role
B) Furious that I didn't have Heppell in my round 1 team

Yet to decide if I'll upgrade Yarran straight away...

cortez

Yea I'm thinking heppell. Not taking the risk with suckling after 1 good game. And don't wanna stuff up again. And Charlie you must be as crazy as your namesake. I don't know many people that would have 120k to upgrade to grundy

charliesheen

Quote from: tferrier18 on April 03, 2011, 09:34:45 PM
I'm going Everitt to Heppell...and I'm furious about it

A) Furious at Everitt's role
B) Furious that I didn't have Heppell in my round 1 team

Yet to decide if I'll upgrade Yarran straight away...

I would give yarran ~6 rounds.  His got a very tough few weeks coming up ( with collingwood, essendon, etc)  You will get a strong indiciator based on these 6 rounds.

Quite a few have yarran, i wouldn't be too stressed.  You took a risk here for a reason, u may as well see how it pans out for a bit longer.

Hazza09

Ok so I agree Suckling might be a risk as the Hawks have Ellis & Guerra to come back.

I am also furious at Everitt, really pissed off actually!
I have Heppell, Otten, Lower, Duigan, Toy as my backline rookies
Would it be a risk to downgrade Everitt to McKernan and take the 200k, it also gives me MPP in my Def/fwd later on in the season

Take the money and run....

sid3bysid3

yeah i cant believe he went from being a decent candidate for back flanker - quarter back role to playing a KPP... he played FB today.

i am downgrading c ward to curnow and upgrading everitt to newman... with the new score on long kicking it looks to suit his game beautifully.

sh!tty that i am using 2 trades but my team is very deep and i can afford to play bench.

ClarksonsArmy

Everitt must go!

Can't beleive i got sucked into him too he is my 5th defender and im going to go for a rookie as the $$$ rise will help for an upgrade elsewhere.

I am appy with my team except for him

PICCOLLO

Downgrading Everett is definetly the best option.  Heppel, Lower and maybe Robbie Tarrant are good options.

I hope Chris Newman goes better this year but last year he got some large scores then went crap as the season went on.  Enright is the guy to get.  I can't believe he never gets tagged.

sid3bysid3

i fall just short of getting him! guts me - want enright but with 2 freo players already will lose those 3 in rd 6 - if injuries i'll be in trouble.

enright does get tagged every now and then and when he does he's happy to play his role - i had him last year and he either scores 120 (this seems to be his magic numbeR) or he'll score 50.

newman is the same, bit cheaper but the long kicking gives him the ability to score bigger