Who do you wish you started?

Started by roo boys!, April 03, 2011, 12:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Here we can discuss decisions that, if we could go back in time we would change in particular about who to start.

I started Richardson and Krakouer with Darling and Tapscott on the bench.
And I started Toy with Duigan on the bench.
Basically I hate the sub rule.

Maca24

LF

duigan instead of lower
either richardson,matera or prestia instead of krak.

Alex7089

Quote from: Maca24 on April 03, 2011, 12:34:18 AM
lower. wish i started duigan.
This. Can't believe it. Crushed. Hating the sub. Hating SC. Hating Life.
Maybe the HS should give US a sub? So we can just take one of our field players of for one of our bench players in the middle of the round.

yorgis

why stew over it ? we all picked the players we thought would do better . if we knew who would play better it would'nt be a competition would it?

LF

Quote from: yorgis on April 03, 2011, 12:40:41 AM
why stew over it ? we all picked the players we thought would do better . if we knew who would play better it would'nt be a competition would it?
yes true but it`s the sub rule that has screwed us over not the players.i reckon krak would have got a ton if he had played a full game.it doesn`t help when your playing one of the few that doesn`t have krak or lower.

MTTY

Started- Lower, Swallow, Krakouer

Could have- Duigan, Pittard, Darling

Earning me an extra 90 points

charliesheen

aha maybe

1. play rookies (duigan) that are against GC
2. don't play rookies that are against collingwood

^^

bowyanger

yeah sub rule smells...Im competitive in the current comp standings (I know its only rd 2). I guess the only way around it is to trade hard and buy those premiums that will not be a sub?
Very hard this year. I foresee it opens up the overall title for the fantasy comps because of all the curveballls being thrown. Wish I had each AFL coaches phone no. to ring Friday arvo to know the subs

Holz

Quote from: bowyanger on April 03, 2011, 01:38:14 AM
yeah sub rule smells...Im competitive in the current comp standings (I know its only rd 2). I guess the only way around it is to trade hard and buy those premiums that will not be a sub?
Very hard this year. I foresee it opens up the overall title for the fantasy comps because of all the curveballls being thrown. Wish I had each AFL coaches phone no. to ring Friday arvo to know the subs

anyone could be a sub, i brought in anthony for the reason i thought he would play every game with no chance of a sub.

enzedder

Quote from: Holzman on April 03, 2011, 04:00:05 AM
Quote from: bowyanger on April 03, 2011, 01:38:14 AM

anyone could be a sub, i brought in anthony for the reason i thought he would play every game with no chance of a sub.
Yeah...the Anthony one shows it can be anyone. Caught me out too.
Duigan, Buckley and Darling instead of my 3 subs gives me an extra 90-100 pts :(

lewis

I started lower tarrant in backs could have had duigan and stanley. Started krak in the mids  - pittard and richardson in the forwards -  darling. However tarrant and richardson were just poor selections cost me about 60 points.  :'(

roo boys!

Yeah for me I was on holidays so I only got 5 mins on the Internet on Thursday evening and I just traded J.Brown to Cyril and put Swab captain, didn't even notice Richardson was still on the field with Tapscott on the bench :'( Tapscott better not tear it up today..

Alex7089

He better! At least 80 from him :o
I dunno, lots of picks are looking like shower ones right now. Next thing you know Judd will be subbed or something along the lines and everyone will go insane.

nathan11

well 3 picks so far, lower krak and i started  swallow ahead of harris, think you should be able to use emerg for the sub