Adcock vs Stanley

Started by charliesheen, April 01, 2011, 03:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliesheen

Getting nervous about BL vs Footscray.

Contemplating leaving adcock on bench and starting with stanley.

is this just the most silly idea.

nathan11

yes lions backs should get a ton of work this week

glenferriecrusader

Had a similar dilemma...I've just taken Adcock off my bench expecting & hoping he'll get alot of opportunities down back.

Slashers

Adcock @ $333k should be your 4th or 5th defender. Why would you even bother getting him to just have him sit on your bench??

Big_Cox14

Waste of money IMO having Adcock sitting on the bench when he is fit.

glenferriecrusader

Quote from: Slashers on April 01, 2011, 08:06:32 PM
Adcock @ $333k should be your 4th or 5th defender. Why would you even bother getting him to just have him sit on your bench??

Like many others I've got Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio & Grimes . As Lower has continued his good form that only leaves me 2 spots...some of my benched rookies outscored Adcock.   As leagues begun round 1 this year there is no luxury of "settling" the team before competing.  I initially had him benched but changed my mind due to opposition, experience & thinking he may step it up a tad if he captains the side.

It's all a bit hit & miss early on this year...just trying to mix it up to find the perfect balance.  His costs & fitness means naught if he is being outperformed by my other players.  I don't field players purely based on their cost or reputations but on their current form.

Slashers

Good luck with that. Put Adcock (71 points) on the bench then and run with a rookie who has played just one AFL season game in his life.
What about Grimes, he only scored 83. Thats probably under what you expected too?

glenferriecrusader

Quote from: Slashers on April 01, 2011, 08:44:26 PM
Good luck with that. Put Adcock (71 points) on the bench then and run with a rookie who has played just one AFL season game in his life.
What about Grimes, he only scored 83. Thats probably under what you expected too?

Good luck with that...?  ??? Ummmm.....if you'd read my first post correctly you will see that I am not benching him...sheesh ::)

Don't worry about me Slashers, my trophy cabinet is so full from the last few years I've had to build another one for 2011 season... ;D

Slashers

Well, my first post was directed towards the OP/topic of the thread, not you.

Usman

Well doneif you put stanley on for adcock................NOT :P

Always play the mid pricers over rooks you brought them to score you points while they make money otherwise you might aswell have just gone a rookie in the first place

charliesheen

Happy with the 111.  Staker injured is a blessing .

Hope it continues.

was getting a bit nervous but feel better now lol!

Slashers

I take it there won't be any Adcock vs ....?.... threads this week ::)

Holz

Quote from: Slashers on April 04, 2011, 12:00:38 AM
I take it there won't be any Adcock vs ....?.... threads this week ::)

maybee for captain :)  happy he repaid the faith for those who had him, hopefully he can go 75+ next week.

Nuffman

Took a chance on him this year and seems to be repaying the faith1 I'm a little worried about his scoring potential when Drummo comes back though... Hopefully he can post some good scores so he increases, then if he has a few averages when drummo comes back, look for a quick upgrade maybe?