For those asking who to start out of matera, tapscott, richardson & darling

Started by tferrier18, March 31, 2011, 08:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tferrier18

It's a raffle! take your pick and hope for the best. There's no clear-cut choice.

-Richardson is playing collingwood, who will force the north backline to turn the ball over but he might still score well.
-Matera is playing for GC so there is an element of unknown, even though we've seen them play before..but he might still score well.
-Tapscott is playing hawks so you can almost expect hawthorn to have a big win, but he still might score well.
-Darling is playing away from home against a side that actually played good footy against collingwood despite the scoreboard, but he might still score well.

All of these players have disadvantages for round 2, but the biggest disadvantage they all have is the fact that they're all rookies and we've only seen them all (-matera) play one full AFL match, we therefore don't have a reliable avg score to make a selection on.

Based on those disadvantages and round 1 performances, the safest two picks are Tapscott & Darling but anything can happen...just pick whoever you want because nobody on here can say for certain that one will score better than the other.

tferrier18

And if you have Yarran and you're thinking of starting a rookie over him...don't.

j959

korza

Yoshi

sid3bysid3

diddley

got any opinion on the heppell vs harris vs d.swallow vs curnow ?

Samm79

Thanks TF, good rational.

P Didley, Curnow and Harris everyday of the week

Alex7089

Diddley as Samm said this Curnow and Harris, but Heppell and Harris later down the track.
Curnow should go well Vs. GC and Harris has AFL experience, so leaving him n the bench just seems dumb.

MissPiesFF

Well siad tferr. I do not think there is one stand out over the other but if Essendon can keep up the good work I think Heppell will be a very nice cash cow and maybe even a keeper.

Bob the builder

Matera will score 61
Tapscott will score 80
Richardson will score 54
Darling will score 75

There you go, based on my expert assessment, it's Tapscott by a whisker ;D

redfield

Quote from: Bob the builder on April 01, 2011, 11:12:10 AM
Matera will score 61
Tapscott will score 80
Richardson will score 54
Darling will score 75

There you go, based on my expert assessment, it's Tapscott by a whisker ;D

Matera a little higher...70
Tapscott is juuuuust right  ;)
Richardson a little higher...65
Darling a little lower....65

Still the same result though! Tapscott is a tank and I think he is on his way to becoming one of my favourite young players!

supercoach addict

Ultimately this is true. When there all so close you just have to choose one and stick with it.

MissPiesFF

Quote from: supercoach addict on April 01, 2011, 11:30:32 AM
Ultimately this is true. When there all so close you just have to choose one and stick with it.

I agree, I have Darling but we really won't know just how much impact our decisions will be until  at least round 4