How good is Matera

Started by supercoach addict, March 31, 2011, 06:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supercoach addict

Don't have him but some people are saying he's absolutely essential this year which I think is BS. Doesn't look anywhere near as important to have in your team as Swallow for example. What does everyone think?

meow meow

He is one of the best forward cash cows, but there is plenty of other options just as good. Tapscott, Darling, Richardson etc

CFC 1979

definately will make money from him

tferrier18

He's essential because there are very few forward line bench options who will actually score well. I doubt many will have him starting so he's not essential to your teams overall score per se, although he will play an important role towards your team's development because he'll make you money on your fwd line bench.

Bruizer81

Slightly off topic by why is D. Swallow so important this year?  Averaged less than 3 or 4 GC midfielders last year, 70-80K more expensive than most midfielders... Totally untried at AFL level... As big a risk as anyone else

sid3bysid3

Original ?

Matera looks good, gets the ball, tackles and kicks goals - will make you money and give you confidence should you require a start from him

because he comes with hype - i didnt get him because i dont think his price will be justified come max out.

i dont think he;ll average more than a few other, cheaper options

sid3bysid3

sorry , 2nd part of the previous comment was related to D swallow

Perthwildcat

Swallow was the number one draft pick for a reason.  AFL body, good pedigree.  He should play most games and IMO average 80ish?  Why wouldn't you have him?

valkorum

Quote from: Bruizer81 on March 31, 2011, 10:28:07 PM
Slightly off topic by why is D. Swallow so important this year?  Averaged less than 3 or 4 GC midfielders last year, 70-80K more expensive than most midfielders... Totally untried at AFL level... As big a risk as anyone else

I saw it the same way and that is why Swallow is not in my team.  We will find out starting this weekend if we made the right choice :P

Either way I am comfortable that my midfield rookies will increase in value - all scored 60+

supercoach addict

Because Swallow finished high in VFL best and fairest, has a AFL ready body, and great skills. Should average 75-90 which is worthy of his price if you put him on the field.

PiggyPommy

Matera is good in that you can probably downgrade someone to him after Round 3 (Say Darling plays all three and goes up 70k) and then bring in Matera if you are happy with his scoring, giving yourself 70k.

Another more interesting option would be Krakouer out for Matera after three rounds but probably better to trades Darling/Richardson if your going to do it.

cortez

Why would you trade out a rookie after 3 rounds? There price will keep going up for 5 or 6 rounds you donkey

fever

isn't the idea with swallow that his JS is great and also has big scoring potential.

Capper

I have Matera in my team but i am reluctant to start him this week, he played well in NAB cup and his time to shine is now against Carlton'd dodgy back line.

ahhhhhh now i might put him in as a starter!!!

PiggyPommy

Thanks for your advice cortez, what did you score last week?

Relax, I know that. I am simply giving people an option.