Main Menu

TOOL OF THE WEEK WEEK 23 VOTING CLOSED

Started by LF, March 30, 2011, 05:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

In fairness, Adelaide was probably the best team in 2005-2006 (finished top one year, prelims both years I think), at one point they were considered certainties for the flag, before injuries derailed them.

CrowsFan

Cruise I guess what I mean and what others would mean when I say that is, that when Craig took over Adelaide had been playing very poorly, and apart from that year when he took over mid season Adelaide had not missed a final series under Craig until last year. As ossie pointed out they played brilliantly during 05 and 06, but injuries to key players and suspensions cost them the chance of getting to another grand final. They have been one of the most consistent sides over the past few years, but we are now in a rebuilding phase after losing Goodwin, McLeod etc.
Something you have to realise about the Crows side is since we made the finals every year for so long we have never received any high draft picks which others have. With the exception of Tambling, Adelaide have only 2 players on their list that were taken in the top 10 for their draft and they are Phil Davis and Dangerfield who were both taken at number 10.
It will be interesting to see what Roost has to say on this subject, but what I think is that Craig has done a good job, but is not doing so anymore, so he needs to change his approach and think of a plan B, plan C etc as what they are doing at the moment doesn't seem to be working

Cruiseon

Fair call, well put. I noted you downgraded you "great job" to "good job" which is probably more in line with what I'm talking about being a "solid job".  ;)

LF

Voting for week 3 is opened we have only 3 nominations this week.

BoredSaint

voted for the crows because i was looking at all the chat comments during the first quarter and they were all bagging port adelaide. LITTLE DID THEY KNOW THAT THEY WOULD COME BACK LIKE THAT :P

CrowsFan

Don't think you can vote for the crows BS because stupid people were saying stuff on the chat

roo boys!

LF

voted for mine the umps in the freo game what they did in that game was absolutely stupid.

EAGLE4LIFE

LF

sorry i`m a bit late closing voting today i started work at 2.30 this morning and was napping :)
week 3 winner is another tie between kade simpson and the crows with 7 votes each.

ossie85

I'd like to nominate myself for Week 4 for forgetting to put my Saints back on this week in DT.

....FMDT

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: ossie85 on April 22, 2011, 12:58:12 PM

I'd like to nominate myself for Week 4 for forgetting to put my Saints back on this week in DT.

....FMDT
:-[ Oss i hope im playing u :P

BoredSaint

i'd like to nominate the umpire in the saints vs brisbane match that gave brisbane a free kick for that deliberate out of bounds call on montagna who kicked it from the other side of the ground and the ball bounced about 50 metres sideways before rolling out of bounds...
even the channel 7 commentators laughed their asses off..
who was the umpire by the way? almost cost us the match

pyronerd

Quote from: BoredSaint on April 22, 2011, 01:42:08 PM
i'd like to nominate the umpire in the saints vs brisbane match that gave brisbane a free kick for that deliberate out of bounds call on montagna who kicked it from the other side of the ground and the ball bounced about 50 metres sideways before rolling out of bounds...
+ like flowering 356234523534645987346345

bomberboy0618

Quote from: pyronerd on April 22, 2011, 02:06:29 PM
Quote from: BoredSaint on April 22, 2011, 01:42:08 PM
+ like flowering 356234523534645987346345
+ 3.14159265