Main Menu

TOOL OF THE WEEK WEEK 23 VOTING CLOSED

Started by LF, March 30, 2011, 05:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Best example I have seen of kicking the wrong way was a Port Adelaide match a few years ago. Ball went out for a throw in in their defensive 50, from the throw in I think it was Motlop who crumbed the ball, snapped a goal and started celebrating. Then everyone told him he had kicked the wrong way haha ;D

valkorum

Tool of the week nomination ......

Adelaide Crows

CrowsFan

Cruiseon

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 18, 2011, 12:54:43 PM
Quote from: valkorum on April 18, 2011, 12:39:03 PM

Adelaide Crows
A bit harsh :(

CF I thought you'd be leading with that nomination. I have a serious question, why is it that Neil Craig is so loved, admired and treasured by the Crows when he has achieved so little (with a reasonable list over the years)? The coaching on the weekend was dire, no trace of a plan B.

That all said its hard to top Kade Simpson's kick.... ouch.

valkorum

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 18, 2011, 12:54:43 PM
Quote from: valkorum on April 18, 2011, 12:39:03 PM

Adelaide Crows
A bit harsh :(

Yeh I think it is harsh and its nothing personal against you or Roost but I thought that they should have blown Port away after keeping them goal less in the 1st quarter.

CrowsFan

Actually I was extremely annoyed with the game. I didn't get to watch it living up here in Sydney, but to be up by 6 goals or whatever it was in the second quarter and then to lose by 30 odd points is ridiculous. My dad is a Port supporter to make it even worse!!
Agree with the stuff about Neil Craig, he had done a great job for years playing the same game plan, but now other clubs have adapted to exploit that game plan and Craig doesn't have a plan B to fall back on. His whole plan of running out from the back and handballing was great when we had McLeod, Goodwin, Edwards etc who all had the skills to do it flawlessly, but now that we have a younger side who haven't developed the skills that those players had we need to look at doing something different.
I was watching the Demons v Suns game yesterday and the Suns had the same problem. They would constantly hand ball it instead of kick it and that got them in to all sorts of trouble. I really hope Craig changes the Crows approach because I honestly think they have a great squad that should be pushing for a finals berth, but instead they just can't get it done!

roo boys!

PowerMan

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 18, 2011, 12:29:51 PM
Best example I have seen of kicking the wrong way was a Port Adelaide match a few years ago. Ball went out for a throw in in their defensive 50, from the throw in I think it was Motlop who crumbed the ball, snapped a goal and started celebrating. Then everyone told him he had kicked the wrong way haha ;D

That was against the Bulldogs, in Darwin, and the player was David Rodan... was quite funny though cause it was a decent snap as well.

CrowsFan

Ah yes Rodan. I thought it was against the Bulldogs.
Yeah you are right, was a great kick, just a shame it was the wrong end...

roo boys!

CrowsFan

Hmm maybe not. Just Ablett plus others haha ;)

Windigo

Ever see the game where Richo had a set shot from about mauby 40-50 out on a slight angle.

Anyway, he kicked and as soon as he did so started to celebrate, as he thought it was a sure goal.

What a tool he was when it missed and he was carrying on like he had kicked goal of the year.

Also, everyone remembers the one with Nathan Brown (Haha, my brother has the same name  ;)) when he began to celebrate the fact it was a draw against the dogs. That was classic.  8)

roo boys!

Cruiseon

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 18, 2011, 01:10:07 PM
Actually I was extremely annoyed with the game. I didn't get to watch it living up here in Sydney, but to be up by 6 goals or whatever it was in the second quarter and then to lose by 30 odd points is ridiculous. My dad is a Port supporter to make it even worse!!
Agree with the stuff about Neil Craig, he had done a great job for years playing the same game plan, but now other clubs have adapted to exploit that game plan and Craig doesn't have a plan B to fall back on. His whole plan of running out from the back and handballing was great when we had McLeod, Goodwin, Edwards etc who all had the skills to do it flawlessly, but now that we have a younger side who haven't developed the skills that those players had we need to look at doing something different.
I was watching the Demons v Suns game yesterday and the Suns had the same problem. They would constantly hand ball it instead of kick it and that got them in to all sorts of trouble. I really hope Craig changes the Crows approach because I honestly think they have a great squad that should be pushing for a finals berth, but instead they just can't get it done!

I'm going off topic now, apologies all but I still don't understand when you say CF (and many others) that Criag has done a "great job for years". I might be wrong but don't think he has ever had Adelaide in serious contention, never made the GF, have they even made a Prelim? With players like Goodwin, McLeod, Bock, Burton, Edwards, Ricciuto, Thompson, Van Berlo & even Hentchel he's had a very good list to work with. I think he will be judged by his results which other than his first year are not great. Just my 2 cents worth.