Main Menu

TOOL OF THE WEEK WEEK 23 VOTING CLOSED

Started by LF, March 30, 2011, 05:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 31, 2011, 11:49:02 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 31, 2011, 11:24:10 PM
Shall we just give it to the entire Melbourne Football Club right now?  :P ;)

Can't do that C4, Jimmy really is doing everything he can. I couldn't balme him for a second, especially with everything he is going through.

I rephrase my original statement as I totally agree, should we just give to everyone at the Melbourne Football Club, except Jim Stynes?

j959

I nominate whoever is to blame at AFL HQ for this ridiculous "holding the ball" interpretation instruction to the umpires.

I can't tell if it's Jeff Geishen, Adrian Anderson or Demetriou, but another 3-4 ridiculous calls for holding the ball this round.
I'm not going to bash the umpires cos they're being told to interpret it this way.

Is showere because it gives no reward to the player going for/getting to the ball first which is what I thought the game was supposed to be about.   >:(

Cruiseon

Quote from: j959 on August 01, 2011, 12:20:47 PM
I nominate whoever is to blame at AFL HQ for this ridiculous "holding the ball" interpretation instruction to the umpires.

I can't tell if it's Jeff Geishen, Adrian Anderson or Demetriou, but another 3-4 ridiculous calls for holding the ball this round.
I'm not going to bash the umpires cos they're being told to interpret it this way.

Is showere because it gives no reward to the player going for/getting to the ball first which is what I thought the game was supposed to be about.   >:(

I agree completely.

Ringo

Quote from: Cruiseon on August 01, 2011, 12:36:15 PM
Quote from: j959 on August 01, 2011, 12:20:47 PM

I agree completely.
Add me to this one and cruise I think you are conservative in the 3 - 4 ridiculous calls I would go so far as to say three - 4 per game. Must have also added deliberate out of bounds this week as well with some of the calls on the weekend. Agree were not bagging the umpires as they are told how to intepret the rule.

ossie85

Wish they'd focus more on DROPPING the ball. You have to dispose of the ball by kick or by handball, yet time and time again the ball just goes loose and they say 'play on'

The Heath Shaw smother on Nick Riewoldt? Not that I'm complaining given how it panned out, but that should have been dropping the ball, and the point disallowed! Roo didn't get rid of it properly ;)

c4v3m4n

Can anyone please explain where the kicking in danger rule has gone?

I've only seen it called once in the last few seasons, but I see instances of it every week.

Nails

I've seen it called 3-4 times this season, open your eyes c4. Or take off your sunnies  8) :P :P

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Nails on August 01, 2011, 03:50:03 PM
I've seen it called 3-4 times this season, open your eyes c4. Or take off your sunnies  8) :P :P

Well in the games I've watched this year, I've only seen it called once.

LF

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 31, 2011, 10:47:45 PM

I'd like to nominate Cameron Schwab at Melbourne. I have it on good authority that there has been huge conflict between he and Chris Connolly because Schwab as CEO consistently gets involved with the football operations. Jim Stynes has had to get involved and let Connolly do his job because he is widely respected as one of the best Operation Managers in the AFL. This has caused much tension at the club and the pressure has finally come to a head. Schwab could well be the next to go.

In short I nominate Cameron Schwab.
From what I read today in the Age, it was between him (and Connolly) and Bailey :o. Bailey had the support of the Players and Fans although Schwab was not for him and basically it was either keeping Schwab or Bailey.....

LF

WEEK 18 WINNER IS CAMERON SCHWAB

sorry i couldn`t get on earlier as our stupid phone/internet company cut our phones and internet.

see you back here sunday for new nominations

c4v3m4n

Brent Moloney finishes with 0 votes to go along with his 0 touches.  ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 05, 2011, 12:06:27 AM
Brent Moloney finishes with 0 votes to go along with his 0 touches.  ;)
And he deserves every single one of them for that display :P.

LF

Fireballz

Might be harsh but I want to nominate Adam Goodes. I love the guy and sure he played a good game but he missed twice while running into an open goal and then missed the kick after the siren, plus hitting the ball over the line in a ruck contest to gift the dons a goal. That's a total of 21 points he cost the swans in a match they lost by 1 point...