Main Menu

TOOL OF THE WEEK WEEK 23 VOTING CLOSED

Started by LF, March 30, 2011, 05:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: BratPack on April 28, 2011, 11:16:47 AM
Giesch said the umpire who gave the free kick against Joey was right. I nominate him  :P
he's gotta be flowering kidding right?!?!?  :o
i might start comparing him to Andrew Hilditch soon!!  ::)

Tough but fair
extract from article at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/112505/default.aspx

AFL UMPIRES manager Jeff Gieschen has backed a deliberate out-of-bounds call against St Kilda's Leigh Montagna at the Gabba on Thursday night, even though the midfielder's kick gained around 60 metres for his team.

Montagna gathered the ball in the Saints' defensive 50 during the third term and looked up to see a wall of Brisbane Lions opponents.

He kicked long towards the half-forward flank, and the ball skidded over the boundary line, aided by a greasy surface.

Gieschen explained that Montagna's intent, not the distance the ball covered, was the key question in assessing the decision.

The umpires boss therefore supported the field umpire in determining that Montagna was trying to get the ball out of play.

"It was a big call, there's no question about that," Gieschen said on his weekly afl.com.au show OPSM What's Your Decision?.

MissPiesFF

I nominate myself for keeping NRS comp locked after the nominee was already posted on GCS site.

LF

sorry it`s a bit late i couldn`t get onto the site.
Week 4 winner is the ump who gave the free against montagna with 8 votes.

hope everyone has some nominations for this week already.remember it doesn`t have to be a footy tool it can be anything.
for example the noobs who won`t let the chasers do the royal wedding telecast.(doesn`t worry me but it does worry some)
so remember sunday arvo usually after the twilight game is when nominations reopen.
;D

LF

Week 5 Nominations now open
been a few tools this week so nominate away.

LF

my nomination is for the bench steward in the sydney carlton game for his wrong call against sydney.

ossie85

Nominate Fremantle and North Melbourne for ever letting Premiership Hero Leigh Brown go

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on May 01, 2011, 08:28:24 PM

Nominate Fremantle and North Melbourne for ever letting Premiership Hero Leigh Brown go

Also Essendon getting rid of KEPLER

McRooster

I was going to nominate myself for forgetting about Yahoo and leaving Otten on my bench without a back emergency, one of whom was Luke '121 points' Thompson.

However Port Adelaide is more deserveth, inside a week they have not only managed to be forever etched into trivia night history by becoming the GC's first scalp but after promising a vengeful return to face North Melb, they played like insipid wimps. Capitulation lead to anihilation which lead to humiliation and 38 tackles is never going to win you anything, except a Tool Of The Week nomination.

roo boys!

They were terrible against North. They didn't even look like they were determined to get the ball, not attacking it.

Cruiseon

I like to nominate St.Kilda who have officially closed their Premiership window through lack of heart leaving their poor suffering supporters to ensure years more pain. They should be ashamed.

MTTY

I nominate my team the Melbourne Demons for showing up to their game

BoredSaint

i'd like to nominate myself..
for trying to beat the supercoach system in putting on a player who has the bye so that i get darlings score.. only for it to backfire when i took knights out to put cyril in and utilise the above and yarran pulls out and i didnt leave the emg on thompson.
also left thompson on the bench doing nothing..

RiOtChEsS

TOOL of the week round 6 hands down is Ricky Nixon for his interview on channel 7 what freaking TOOL its a must see...

Windigo

Nathan Jones running the opposite way, but then turned around and went the right way. Dunn if yah saw it.

Alex7089

I nominate myself. I traded Polec in only for him to be the sub and score 18 for me on the ground...