Zac Smith the most important in this week

Started by spudsarmy, March 30, 2011, 11:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spudsarmy

Firstly I dont have drew petrie as MPP so im relying on Zac smith playing round 5 and 6 to aviod a donut for sandi and cox - is it worth picking up petrie now i've lost browny or run the gauntlet for a league win

yorgis

CrowsFan

Quote from: spudsarmy on March 30, 2011, 11:20:34 AM
Firstly I dont have drew petrie as MPP so im relying on Zac smith playing round 5 and 6 to aviod a donut for sandi and cox - is it worth picking up petrie now i've lost browny or run the gauntlet for a league win

pavlova

No - at least wait till petrie has 2 games as you don't need to trade till then and Zac Smith may have been picked meaning you can save the trade!

Mish

z smith as a back up has got to be a really stupid idea!

his my 4th ruckman after hale as 3rd and i also have petrie in the forward line for MMP.

Holz

Quote from: Mish on March 30, 2011, 01:00:22 PM

his my 4th ruckman after hale as 3rd and i also have petrie in the forward line for MMP.

its very risky but could pay off, i have smith #3 with tippet number 4 and than petrie in the forward line. Spuds when you say pick up petrie does that mean you have tippet/hale in the ruck bench?

me

looks like it's going to be absolutely vital for most people that zac smith plays, seems like heaps of teams have sandi/cox then smith/derickx or bailey or someone

i'm happy i went petrie in the fwd line with j tippet as my 4th ruck so i can just swap petrie into the rucks in rounds 5/6 etc

Ziplock

yeah, I really think the jippett switch was the way to go this season.

DT Junkie

Going J tippett in the ruck effectively makes Petrie an extra $40k as this guy will never play... Z Smith WILL play make no mistake about that

Sharker18

im very happy with my Petrie/J tippett MPP combo & Smith as my number 4 ruck....not very often do ruck rookies play the majority of games, even if he does play i would be surprised if he scores very well at all....

me

yeah i've got sandi/cox and smith/j tippet... will probably end up swapping petrie permanently into rucks as a solid backup and trading j tippet out for mzungu or callinan

Footy God

Got this guy and Robbie Campbell (who wont play until midseason). So he is a must for me. From all reports when fit lock in thier best 22

deekay

I dont care when he plays, long as he covers COX/SANDI i'll be happy.

salver11

Quote from: Mish on March 30, 2011, 01:00:22 PM

Pretty sure your plan is the one lacking intelligence! Your wasting so much money!

If Smith scores 50 when he's playing as your back up then your going to "lose" say 200 for the season on cox/sandi averaging 100.
He's 100 000 ish cheaper than hale. I figure that could make me 15 odd points if used else where. 15x22 = 330.
Plus you have petrie for his MPP so that means your probably not even going to play Hale!
I figure Petrie will ave 75 ish so that is still a drop of 100 from the Sandi/Cox av which actually puts the first combo 230 points ahead over the season.

Get your money on the ground and actually scoring for you.

Bluke

Z Smith + J Tippet is definately the best ruck option with Petrie forward for MPP