What would you do with J Brown?

Started by PowerMan, March 30, 2011, 12:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluke

Quote from: yorgis on March 30, 2011, 11:36:10 AM
i would go ROK. wanted him in my side from the start, but decided to go goodes after his flying nab cup. will wait and see wether he can back up his performance against the dees. hang on to browndog, it looks like you have cover for him for this week and wait till after this round to see who looks like they might be a keeper.

+1

Holz

Quote from: Mish on March 30, 2011, 11:29:21 AM
Quote from: MissPiesFF on March 30, 2011, 01:40:37 AM
Hey hun, I am in your league, I personally would not trade anyone at this stage. At least wait until after round three when your rookies have played three games and become cash cows. There are 5 rounds yet to play out where 3 teams have byes. Rounds 4-5-6-16-19. You are going to need all the cash and trades you can get come these rounds. And so what if you get a score a little under your desired mark before round 4, at least you will not only have the cash in the bank to deal with round 4-6 but you will have a better feel of who is on top of thier game this season.

Also the other down side of panic trading is the player you bring in may be doing well now but get LTI or play like sh*t after 1 or 2 games.

Wait it out hun make the decision after the prices are in place after round 3.

:) ;)

PS. Richardson and Darling on to field :)  :)

i completely agree with missy over here, i personally think you shouldnt be trading until roud 7 this year unless there is LTI's.

Zaharakis played one good game when the bumbers pumped the doggies, you have to remember, essendon isnt geelong, st kilda or collingwood who have 4-6 players getting tons every week. also bombers tend to start most years off pretty well and is reflected on the players scores.

trading this early on is an amature move that you will regret later in the season, your getting good scores now so dont mess with that.

p.s. im in your league also, the last thing i wana do is give you bad advice. this is my 5th season and please dont do silly things and be trade happy after 1 round.

i thought we were talking about Brown, he has a LTI so why not get rid of him

Ziplock

well, if he can adequately cover brown he may be better off holding the trade until end or round 2.... that being said, I would drop his ass right now in your position.

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Holzman on March 30, 2011, 03:33:09 PM
Quote from: Mish on March 30, 2011, 11:29:21 AM
Quote from: MissPiesFF on March 30, 2011, 01:40:37 AM
Hey hun, I am in your league, I personally would not trade anyone at this stage. At least wait until after round three when your rookies have played three games and become cash cows. There are 5 rounds yet to play out where 3 teams have byes. Rounds 4-5-6-16-19. You are going to need all the cash and trades you can get come these rounds. And so what if you get a score a little under your desired mark before round 4, at least you will not only have the cash in the bank to deal with round 4-6 but you will have a better feel of who is on top of thier game this season.

Also the other down side of panic trading is the player you bring in may be doing well now but get LTI or play like sh*t after 1 or 2 games.

Wait it out hun make the decision after the prices are in place after round 3.

:) ;)

PS. Richardson and Darling on to field :)  :)

i completely agree with missy over here, i personally think you shouldnt be trading until roud 7 this year unless there is LTI's.

Zaharakis played one good game when the bumbers pumped the doggies, you have to remember, essendon isnt geelong, st kilda or collingwood who have 4-6 players getting tons every week. also bombers tend to start most years off pretty well and is reflected on the players scores.

trading this early on is an amature move that you will regret later in the season, your getting good scores now so dont mess with that.

p.s. im in your league also, the last thing i wana do is give you bad advice. this is my 5th season and please dont do silly things and be trade happy after 1 round.

i thought we were talking about Brown, he has a LTI so why not get rid of him

He has cover for brown at ths point and still pulling a good score. Imagine who he can trade once his rookies become cash cows. His covers will still pull big enough numbers cus he chose well. Also remember brownies price will not change cus he won't have played three games.

PS. Under normal circumstances trading an LTI is valid. The game is different this year and trading an LTI when you have cover is just plain silly. You will need the cash and trades when it counts!!

spudsarmy

does anyone else think getting cyril after this week  for brown if he scores well is inspired as long as you have cover for round 5 with all the geelong stars out as well

Bluke

Way to much money sitting on the bench IMO.

Wait until next week and pick the best looking player out of the above mentioned. Cyril or ROK

Ziplock

Touch rioli and I'll de-nad you. He's mine boys :P