What would you do with J Brown?

Started by PowerMan, March 30, 2011, 12:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

only have $800 in the bank.

Thinking about getting Zaharakis or do I downgrade further?

then next week I can get Tapscott in if he fires again...

Bluke

Zaha would be a good pick I think.

Question is, who would you drop for Tapscott? Richardson or Darling or Matera? I'd prefer not to trade out any of those players, they all have a similar potential and JS to Tapscott.

The trade I would think about making would be Atley -> Curnow. Atley hasnt shown alot so far and if Curnow tons up again he is worth more a look than tapscott. 

PowerMan

Quote from: Bluke on March 30, 2011, 12:57:25 AM

Question is, who would you drop for Tapscott? Richardson or Darling or Matera? I'd prefer not to trade out any of those players, they all have a similar potential and JS to Tapscott.

The trade I would think about making would be Atley -> Curnow. Atley hasnt shown alot so far and if Curnow tons up again he is worth more a look than tapscott.

Only doing the 1 necessary trade this week though, Brown, but yes I'll certainly be watching Curnow closely this week. but it's still ricky getting him, it was only Richmond last week, and he'll be playing against a new club this week.

Bluke

Quote from: PowerMan on March 30, 2011, 01:11:51 AM
Quote from: Bluke on March 30, 2011, 12:57:25 AM

Only doing the 1 necessary trade this week though, Brown, but yes I'll certainly be watching Curnow closely this week. but it's still ricky getting him, it was only Richmond last week, and he'll be playing against a new club this week.

Thats true. I personnally wont be dropping any of my rooks for Curnow at this stage (i have tapscott). For me, as long as their JS is good and they are avg over 60 I'm relatively happy.

MissPiesFF

Hey hun, I am in your league, I personally would not trade anyone at this stage. At least wait until after round three when your rookies have played three games and become cash cows. There are 5 rounds yet to play out where 3 teams have byes. Rounds 4-5-6-16-19. You are going to need all the cash and trades you can get come these rounds. And so what if you get a score a little under your desired mark before round 4, at least you will not only have the cash in the bank to deal with round 4-6 but you will have a better feel of who is on top of thier game this season.

Also the other down side of panic trading is the player you bring in may be doing well now but get LTI or play like sh*t after 1 or 2 games.

Wait it out hun make the decision after the prices are in place after round 3.

:) ;)

PS. Richardson and Darling on to field :)  :)

DT87

I am also in Organized League 1. My advice would definitely be to trade Brown out before Round 2, because you will lose too many points by having him sitting on the bench for any amount of time. Also, anyone you trade in for a premium should be a keeper, and should avoid future bye clashes. I think Jack Riewoldt fits the bill better than Zaharakis, but it's up to you. Don't be scared off by Riewoldt's inconsistency, he should average more than he did last year.

I wouldn't trade any of your guys out for Tapscott or Curnow - their job security is dodgy, whereas your GC players and Darling (thanks to LeCras's injury) have very good job security.

Holz

i would go brown to higgins personally, or even brown to petrie and pocket the cash for an early upgrade. Pity you have selwood or i would recomend getting him in round 7 by downgrading duigan and upgrading atley to selwood

browny_wce

I doubt Curnow would play more than 10 games for the blues
Unlucky on the Browny pick, I didn't go him coz of his groin.
10 weeks shud settle that than he'll be a nice price later I hope

Ziplock

I would say zaha over j.riewoldt... Zaha was picked as a breakout player by quite a few people (even though more people shot down the suggestion), and going off his last game, it looks like he's delivering... + zaha only got 2 goals for his score, which would indicate he doesn't need to score in order to score.

If you're playing for a league win though, you could be hesitant due to essendon's bye in the final. However, I reckon he's still a great pick, I'd probably trade him in if I was struck with a LTI.

freezer

brown to fyfe....will smash it this year

Ziplock

I'd back fyfe as well, although, might be a problem with stevie J and franklin in your fwds, and no dpp to switch with in the mids.

Bluke

I still question Fyfe's durability, he's still a bean pole albeit a talented one. Worth a look but too risky for me.

Higgins is injury prone as well all know, could gun it, could flower it. Who really knows with him.

I think an issue you should considered, when trading out a LTI is durability. You absolutely DO NOT want to pick up a bloke that may also spend a long time on the side lines. With that in mind, there are a few options, ROK being the first that springs the mind. Zaharakis is a possibility, although with alot a risk attached. Seems more durable than Higgins though.

Cyril Rioli is another option, relatively durable and his avg has improved every year he has played.

Essentially there really are only two real options within your price range. ROK and Cyril.

Out of those, ROK would be my first choice. He's missed 2 games in 6 season and has the potential to hit 150. Has avged over 95 ppg and could see a new point friendly role under longmire.

beermee

i would wait anoth week on brown - you have adequate cover. that will allow you to see how the possible replacement perform in week 2. thats what i am doing - will be watching higgins, zaha, tapscott, fyffe, etc closely.....

also, i am going to make do without curnow. i already have bewick, lower, darling, duigan, prestia, stanley, harris, etc and they will make the money anyways - so why waste a trade, when you already have plenty of what you want curnow for....? focus on making points! not money....

looking at your team, my main question is: what happens when sandi/cox have their BYES...?

Mish

Quote from: MissPiesFF on March 30, 2011, 01:40:37 AM
Hey hun, I am in your league, I personally would not trade anyone at this stage. At least wait until after round three when your rookies have played three games and become cash cows. There are 5 rounds yet to play out where 3 teams have byes. Rounds 4-5-6-16-19. You are going to need all the cash and trades you can get come these rounds. And so what if you get a score a little under your desired mark before round 4, at least you will not only have the cash in the bank to deal with round 4-6 but you will have a better feel of who is on top of thier game this season.

Also the other down side of panic trading is the player you bring in may be doing well now but get LTI or play like sh*t after 1 or 2 games.

Wait it out hun make the decision after the prices are in place after round 3.

:) ;)

PS. Richardson and Darling on to field :)  :)

i completely agree with missy over here, i personally think you shouldnt be trading until roud 7 this year unless there is LTI's.

Zaharakis played one good game when the bumbers pumped the doggies, you have to remember, essendon isnt geelong, st kilda or collingwood who have 4-6 players getting tons every week. also bombers tend to start most years off pretty well and is reflected on the players scores.

trading this early on is an amature move that you will regret later in the season, your getting good scores now so dont mess with that.

p.s. im in your league also, the last thing i wana do is give you bad advice. this is my 5th season and please dont do silly things and be trade happy after 1 round.

yorgis

i would go ROK. wanted him in my side from the start, but decided to go goodes after his flying nab cup. will wait and see wether he can back up his performance against the dees. hang on to browndog, it looks like you have cover for him for this week and wait till after this round to see who looks like they might be a keeper.