Supercoach website IP address

Started by tickford, March 29, 2011, 11:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tickford

Hi,

Can anyone help with the IP address of the supercoach website?

The usual converters return an IP address that takes me to Dreamteam

Michael

hawk_88

There wouldn't be a single IP involed in that site and (to confuse it further) some of the IPs would be used for multiple websites.

May I ask why you need it? There may be another solution.

tickford

hawk_88

I'm afriad that isn't going to work in this case. The old IP to get past the filter works for most sites but is less likely to work for high traffic websites as they use multiple IPs often to spread the load and simply going to the root of the IP doesn't work.

Your best bet would be to find a proxy site (Google them as they often change) and you should be able to access it through that.

jarrodr

just go into the CMD, type ping www.supercoach.heraldsun.com.au and find the IP which comes up

valkorum

Prospector_1

Quote from: jarrodr on March 30, 2011, 01:38:50 PM
just go into the CMD, type ping www.supercoach.heraldsun.com.au and find the IP which comes up

I tried that and found the same problem as the OP.

bomberboy0618

i got 202.167.244.241
i looked it up and it belongs to: Equinix Asia Pacific Pte Ltd  ???

hawk_88

Equinix is a company that provides data centres for websites, especially websites with large amounts of traffic like Supercoach.

What this means, as I said above, is that there are multiple IPs and they will not always host the same site. What would happen is that VS would rent server load, which would allow growth during peak times, namely Thursday evening when the teams are named, Friday afternoon before lockout and weekends. If they simply owned the server capacity to account for that amount of traffic all of the time, it would remain un-used most of the time.

No IP is going to get you through a filter as there is no single IP that points to it (there are a number of other reasons as well but they are irrelevant as the process never gets that far as this problem stops it).