Selwood -> Watson or other

Started by essendon33, March 29, 2011, 08:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon33

All the news stories are saying he is still a chance to play...
i no that trades are so vital.. but so is cash... heres my thoughts

If he plays i will keep him for sure. but if not is it bad to get rid of him for someone like a jobe or alike that is with an improving team and will only get better as the players get better around him... (if other please state)

this is pretty much a striaght swap, i dont want swan coz i already hav pendles...

Mids: Pendles, Selwood, Gibbs, Higgins, Conca, Harris (Swallow, Bewick, Atley)
Cash: $208,700

what does everyone think, am i dum to waste a trade this early??

ando_10

wait till the teams com out buddy.
if he doesnt play it will only be this week. you should have cover for him.

BoredSaint

personally im hoping he plays this week because he will most likely get subbed off because of fitness :P then i can pounce on him when his price gets juicy :P

sorry to all those who have selwood. im being selfish i know :P

essendon33

appreciate the advice.. i know hes well worth it, cant stand to see him drop 100 - 150 if he only plays limited time in his return... in that case im better off swapping him to watson. then waiting for higgins to get to 450 an bring him back, tru?

haha yeh im jelous of all the people that will save around 150k when his price plummets

Alex7089

Wishing I looked elsewhere would be nice to pick him up after Geelong bye...
Anyway, no. Never trade a premium unless it is an LTI. Also with keepers, it doesn't really matter if they go up/down because....You are keeping them.

essendon33

yeh I know... i know...
just a thought thats all, thanks for the advice everyone... better off to use the trades to swap rookies or players before the go up yeh?

lewis

Hold onto him he is your keeper. What happens if you trade selwood and the player you trade for (murphy) gets injured and scores shower - are you going to trade again? Selwood's a freak the 20 odd points he scored were in 10 mins of footy. Will average huge large! :)

Alex7089

And he had 43 before scaling. The man is a gun, remind yourself of why you picked him ;)

essendon33

righto, thanks for the advice everyone, i will be keeping him even if he is out this week...

now for another dum questions, hoe do u go up ranks in this forum?
im sick of been a bootstudder...

bottlemart

I cant believe you would even post this.  I have Selwood and the thought of trading him has not even entered my mind.  the bloke is a premium keeper, and he is out for possibly one week.  If you are thinking of trading him out, then back in, then you have no respect for your trades.

Put your best rookie on the field this week, and put selwood back on the field the following week.

bunyips

The problem with Sellwood is he scored only 20 odd points which basically means his price will fall heaps.  Therefore, it could be argued it is worthwhile to trade him to another keeper and upgrade Selwood back into your team after his bye.  If he had of scored about 70 odd points the price drop wouldn't have been so drastic - and therefore, you could bench him for a couple of weeks without the risk of a huge price drop.

This always seems to happen to my players! - not only do they get injured - but they get injured really early in a match which means everyone who doesn't have them pays 100 grand less for them!

Alex7089

Yes but with keepers price changes are irrelevant.

bunyips

Point taken Alex - nearly started with A Swallow instead of sellwood but changed it at the last moment!  Bugger.

valkorum

nas