Main Menu

Another Injury

Started by valkorum, March 29, 2011, 03:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

CrowsFan

Rory Sloane is also injured :(

valkorum

They have to make a decision on the Porpoise as well.  Not a good start for the Crows

elephants

mackay will be cheap for next year.....?

valkorum

Quote from: elephants on March 29, 2011, 07:39:59 PM
mackay will be cheap for next year.....?

Prob not cos he will probably play the second half of the season

CrowsFan

I reckon with Porps they should take the hit and get the surgery even though he will then miss the season.
Only 26 so still plenty of footy ahead of him even if he misses one season. If he doesn't he will continuously reinjure it playing and miss more footy in my opinion

DG

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 29, 2011, 10:32:00 PM
I reckon with Porps they should take the hit and get the surgery even though he will then miss the season.
Only 26 so still plenty of footy ahead of him even if he misses one season. If he doesn't he will continuously reinjure it playing and miss more footy in my opinion

Agreed, but is this different surgery to what he had 2 years ago? If so, it might not permanently fix it anyway.

Those 3 out will open the door again for some kids, 2 midfielders down is going to hurt though. You'd think that Symes, Martin, Jaensch, L. Thompson and Talia would be fighting for those spots, but with McKernan playing well and Tippett due back, maybe we'll play an extra tall against Freo? Who knows.

CrowsFan

I think Martin will certainly get one of the spots. Craig loves the kid (so do I) and pretty sure he is over his injury that he picked up in the final pre season match. He will provide plenty of run off half back. Not sure who will get the the other spot though...

nas

valkorum

Quote from: naste on March 31, 2011, 04:47:59 PM
Took the hit

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/shoulder-surgery-for-porplyzia/story-e6frecoc-1226031282742

Not sounding too good

QuoteThe Crows forward remains optimistic and said he hopes to play later this season, even though the full extent of the injury and his recovery may not be clear for several weeks

DG

McRooster

Jack 'Norman' Gunston was being talked up by Ben Hart as a possible tall utility to make the next step. :-\

Loving the courage Sloane showed last week, actually playing on with a fractured jaw - did the #9 proud  8)

DG

now the new kid luke thompson is in doubt for the weekend with an ankle! thought he showed a bit, at least early on saturday, what is happening down at west lakes!

McRooster

On a positive note, Tambling and Doughty are set to return  ::)

It's slim pickings when you get excited at the return of those two  :P

Bad luck for Luke Thompson, showed something - as did Matty Wright after 30 touches for the Roosters and BOG performances, he's ready to be given a run at it.