Nick Lower

Started by popedelio, March 29, 2011, 03:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popedelio

Based on the past 3 years freo have had some cracking players promoted of the rookie list.

First was Broughton in 2009 with a debut season of 87.67, he could've been your7 th defender.

Then came Barlow in 2010 with a debut season of 109.85, would have been a keeper if palmer didn't break his leg.

Now it is 2011 and a new rookie has been promoted, and that player is Nick Lower. Based on NAB he averaged 90, and in his debut game against brisbane he earned a delicious 98. Initially Lower was going to be a cash cow, but now he is trying to convince you to be your 7th defender. Is he going to be a keeper? Well so far hes my 3rd best defender lol.

Based on the current trend with Freo maybe there should be a new law in DT where you must get any Freo player that is promoted of the rookie list hahaha

Comment your thoughts on Nick Lower and the other classic rookie upgrades from Freo.

LF

i`ll be keen to see how he goes against geelong this week.

Chopps

definitely a good trend coming from freo rookies. Lower was my second best defender

Blueboys

Freo must have 1 hell of a good scouting group there!  ;)

elephants

yep i am happy to lock him as a 7th depending how he goes in the next few rounds.

valkorum

Quote from: Blueboys on March 29, 2011, 03:57:12 PM
Freo must have 1 hell of a good scouting group there!  ;)

Chris Bond & Brad Lloyd are definitely worth what we are paying them.

matt1985

They still have Mzungu to debut aswell, could be another quality pick up! The scouting squad are def earning their pay!

elephants

i am getting mzungu as a downgrade traget (hopefully for bewick)

valkorum

You should see our scholarship player :)

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/tabid/7009/default.aspx?newsid=78662

That article is from 2009 when he was 14 years old and 199cm -- yes, 199cm. 

http://i53.tinypic.com/71kx8l.jpg

That pic is a little over 12 months later - he is filling out quite nicely.  He has also said he would be happy to come to Freo instead of GWS.  He came over during the pre-season for a little while to train with Freo as well. 

sid3bysid3

if he gets of the bong he might be a good player... looks like a simpleton though - may not be good for decision making

elephants

valkorum

Dominated the U-16 carnival at 14 years old. 

elephants

popedelio

omg they are breeding another sandi into freo hahaha

Bluke

he's a monster Valk!