Huge Selection Flaw

Started by Spooners, March 29, 2011, 12:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooners

Ended up trading just before lockout of rd1 and ended up with 4 players in my midfield who have a bye in round 4... stupid I know

Montagna, Boyd, Liberatore and Bewick are all out so my thoughts are.

Wait until after round 3, take 1 price rise from either Bewick or Liberatore and bring in Selwood - should he play rd 2 and 3 and drop in price a bit. I have the cash spare to do that.

I'm fairly sure thats my only option. Anyone see a way out of this for me?

valkorum

Trade, Trade, Trade

Or use DPP to switch players around - surely you thought about that.

Mish

because of trade trade trade... people were too silly to think about that lol.

i have seen so many teams with their forward line full of round 4-5-6 players and the odd player in other posi thats DDP... they must have forgot people also get injuired and trades are worth something.

PiggyPommy

Well Mish some people are only going for the league win.

I will only have a problem in Round 5 but I will have to make a trade (Darling > Matera or alike...) to stop that. Will see what happens over the next round or so anyway before worrying about that.

Spooners

Every other position is fine but because none of the bye players are DPP, my DPP won't cover it. Just one of those last minute trades bringing Liberatore in instead of Irons or Curnow cost me a trade. Should be ok though, Selwood is expected to play judging by the latest news so an early upgrade - whilst not ideal - isn't terrible.

JoeMontana

I would keep your cash cows, Libba and Bewick till they make some bucks for you.

Trade out Montagna or Boyd, whoever appers as if his going to lose money, and get like U said a Selwood, or someone around that price tag.

I'd keep the cash cows until their break even score is around what they are averaging per week.

When they have a break even, for e.g. of around 70, and they are averaging around 70, then it's likely that the first-year recruit has reached his zenith, and double trade them both if you can for one premium and one new rookie who is on the way up.