Trade J Brown?

Started by karlos, March 29, 2011, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

So I shed a tear when J Brown's face caved in...considering he started the year strong, as I expected he would.

So now I have the dilemma - do I trade him out, or try and cover him for the next 8 weeks??
I can afford any FWD except Chapman.

My remaining FWD line is Franklin, N Riewoldt, Zaharakis, Tapscott, Knights, Petrie, Darling, & Richardson.

Thoughts?

jfitty

I suggested to a mate that if you can cover him for the next 2 weeks, hold off trading him until the multi-team bye rounds (4, 5 and 6). That way it will give you a good indication of the best player to bring in for Browny.

YOUNGTELLICA

Quote from: jfitty on March 29, 2011, 10:07:42 AM
I suggested to a mate that if you can cover him for the next 2 weeks, hold off trading him until the multi-team bye rounds (4, 5 and 6). That way it will give you a good indication of the best player to bring in for Browny.

good call - and based on last week, would be very happy to start Tapscott (or even Darling/Richardson) for a couple of weeks.

karlos

Quote from: jfitty on March 29, 2011, 10:07:42 AM
Not a bad idea, but then I'm effectively wasting points for those weeks when he's on the bench...where I could be starting Goodes/Pav/Johnson instead of Darling/Richardson.

I think I have to take an all or nothing approach - out this week, or not at all.

If Tapscott continues his form, then he'll be a starter for me anyway...2nd highest scorer in my FWD line!

jfitty

Yeah that's the only problem, missing out on possible points by not trading another premium in. Maybe check to see who you play in your leagues and work out if you can afford to.

Tapscott was my highest scoring forward, althought he was playing on the bench!  >:( (thanks alot Pav, Buddy, Didak, Roo and co!)

Mish

trade him out... his a dud

karlos

Quote from: Mish on March 29, 2011, 11:55:37 AM
He was on song to outscore every other forward before biting knee, so I don't reckon that's an accurate statement.

But who would I trade him to?

jfitty

Quote from: karlos on March 29, 2011, 12:04:06 PM
Quote from: Mish on March 29, 2011, 11:55:37 AM
He was on song to outscore every other forward before biting knee, so I don't reckon that's an accurate statement.

But who would I trade him to?

I'd take Pavlich if you can afford him

Holz

if you care about your league maybee keep him, if uyou go for overall i think you need to trade him for someone like syliva or PAV

karlos

I'm thinking Pav or Goodes to strengthen the DPP link.

stevemac

I planned to hold onto Brown until the end of the triple byes to get an idea of who to bring in. But then there is the prospect of him coming back in the following couple of weeks. Does anyone agree that it's almost worth riding the whole 8 weeks out?

j959

Quote from: stevemac on March 29, 2011, 06:23:37 PM
I planned to hold onto Brown until the end of the triple byes to get an idea of who to bring in. But then there is the prospect of him coming back in the following couple of weeks. Does anyone agree that it's almost worth riding the whole 8 weeks out?
such a tough one ... think i'd agree with Holz, if you're gunning for overall you have to trade him out but if you're focus is league only then you should consider keeping him if you can cover, but the multi-byes might really hurt ...

sid3bysid3

trade him out - cant have a player of that calibre riding the pine for that length of time.

lewis

Get rid of him so many good choices around his price range. You don't want to put too much pressure on the rookies to pump out big scores while you have brown on your bench.

Perhaps you could have him on the bench this round and see who does well and then trade him for another gun premium or mid pricer about to blow! 

Bluke

Okeefe is the obvious choice in my mind. Okeefe will even leave some cash spare.