Main Menu

Jobe Watson

Started by Maca24, March 28, 2011, 09:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How good of a year do you think he'll have? Average?

<100
1 (3.4%)
4 (13.8%)
13 (44.8%)
6 (20.7%)
120+
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Maca24

Jobe Watson is ready to become elite IMO.
He consistently breaks the tag and dominates, week in week out and I think this year will be his year.
What do you guys think?

dmac07

Think he will do well, rate him highly, but Essendon won't dominate by ten golas every week like they did this week. Still, i think 110-115 is fair and would put him about top 10.

bluedreamin

Had him last year and he was consistent as the day is long. Can't remember too many sub 100 games. But also can't remember any massive scores either. If anything he looks better this year. I like that he is playing outside a bit more and drifting down for goals. And the knock on him used to be his disposal and that seems to have improved dramatically.

I have lofty aspirations of making a league GF and I don't trust myself to have enough trades to trade him out in the GF round so I just haven't looked at him. But after his performance on the weekend I am having regrets :)

Big Ange

will get tagged under 100 would of chosen under 80!!!

roo boys!

He I obviously a great player and has been copping a hard tag for a while, if he can break it (especially the really good taggers)  he can average 110 or so.

Maca24

Quote from: roo boys! on March 28, 2011, 11:28:30 PM
He I obviously a great player and has been copping a hard tag for a while, if he can break it (especially the really good taggers)  he can average 110 or so.
??? he always breaks the tag. Ill bring this thread back up at the end of the year.

RipnRun

??? he always breaks the tag. Ill bring this thread back up at the end of the year.
[/quote]

This. Last year he was pretty much tagged every game and still churned out some very solid scores in a poor team.
Only chosen in around 10% of SC teams this year which also makes him semi unique aswell.
Just needs to kick more.

Maca24

your on the money ripnrun. His kick has got alot better to.

yorgis

had him last year,coz i thought having the captaincy thrown on him, he would flourish. he was very consistent and this year seems to kick the ball more often, rather than handballing

Usman

Quoteyour on the money ripnrun. His kick has got alot better to.

It was always good. Just played a more outside role on the weekend. His kicking efficiency was mid too high 60's last year, considering he got 41.5% of his disposals were contested possessions that an elite kicking effiecinecy for the amount of pressure he had on him.

ELLsendon

If he didnt have the bye in finals i would have him

So consistent last year!

meow meow

Jobe could be the highest scorer this year.

charliesheen

I think 110, i think next year everyone is going to have him

somewhere around crossys numbers ~2500 total

Alex7089

Locked in for 2012. Not an option with the GF bye for me.