READ ME: Those considering a trade...

Started by Alex7089, March 28, 2011, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Those who consider a trade this week, from any player that will play any time between now and round 6. You will get a big fat Don't Panic from me, and I am pretty sure 99% of other coaches will say the same thing. >> Unless Valk is mocking you

Yes, a lot of let downs from popular picks even from roughies. But low R1 scores does NOT = trade. Seriously people. Stop trading, or you will be kicking yourself at the end of the season, which is hard to do, and that is how you will hurt yourself :P

So........Basically if you are considering a trade....Don't. Unless as I said up there it is an LTI.

Rant over.

Perthwildcat

sid3bysid3

I agree - I do tend to use 1 trade before scores change for an exceptional rookie. I have tap, darl. left curnow cause of JS but if he fires I may bring him in cause he'll sure up JS and bring in the $$$s.

Plus nothing worse than trading out Everitt and yarran types then they kill it for the reasons you tool them. Leaves you feeling like q d!ck

benjy251090

Quote from: sid3bysid3 on March 28, 2011, 07:53:39 PM
I agree - I do tend to use 1 trade before scores change for an exceptional rookie. I have tap, darl. left curnow cause of JS but if he fires I may bring him in cause he'll sure up JS and bring in the $$$s.

Plus nothing worse than trading out Everitt and yarran types then they kill it for the reasons you tool them. Leaves you feeling like q d!ck
This is probably the exception. I may trade out brodie smith/atley for either pederson/curnow respectively if they are doing well and will get games unless the aforementioned pick it up

dmac07

Agree, only trade for long term injury. Or after round 2 may swap a rookie, if atley scores low again and Curnow kills it, direct swap.

n4cr123

yep every player has to have a go... my theory is trade for only injuries (more than 3 weeks) downgrading and upgrading..... if you selected a player you need to give him tie to prove his worth..

valkorum

Stuff it - trade away.  Use all your trades in the first 12 weeks.

On a serious note though, I agree with the topic.  It is really annoying watching the same people who ask for help in setting their team up asking advice about trading a poor performer (and a risky one at that).  That is why they say risk vs reward.  Yarran owners - you took the risk and this week it failed.  That is DT.

Warning - I will still continue to tell people to trade if I see it is a stupid panic post. 

supercoach addict

Those going for overall might as well use their trades next week if they need to offload any duds who didn't work out.

Big Ange

Quote from: valkorum on March 28, 2011, 10:15:05 PM
Stuff it - trade away.  Use all your trades in the first 12 weeks.

On a serious note though, I agree with the topic.  It is really annoying watching the same people who ask for help in setting their team up asking advice about trading a poor performer (and a risky one at that).  That is why they say risk vs reward.  Yarran owners - you took the risk and this week it failed.  That is DT.

Warning - I will still continue to tell people to trade if I see it is a stupid panic post.

+1

ando_10

YES!!!! sticky this thread.
but to those who want to trade and blow there season i say go for it.

roo boys!

1 Trade for me. J.Brown is out. Can't have 400k+ wasted for 10 weeks.

valkorum

Quote from: roo boys! on March 28, 2011, 10:49:50 PM

That is a trade that has to be made - cant have a gun sitting out for 8 - 10 weeks.

roo boys!

Quote from: valkorum on March 28, 2011, 10:51:40 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on March 28, 2011, 10:49:50 PM

That is a trade that has to be made - cant have a gun sitting out for 8 - 10 weeks.
Yep. Will help me kick a Vic!

valkorum

Do it RB.  We were just warming up with Kicking a Vic

Spite

I'm pretty sure valk told me to trade, so imma gonna do it... :)