JOEL SELWOOD ROUND 2 <<<------

Started by NOWAY, March 28, 2011, 06:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Joel Selwood play - State your reasons below

YES
NO

NOWAY

People have begun to say that it is impossible for Selwood to play this week, due to the new concussion rule stating that a player is not allowed to play a week after he is concussed... I just wanted to know if this is true, and if not, do people think he will be playing?

I am consider trading him, and perhaps picking him up later in the season when he is cheaper.

schezza

i hope he can play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

chaosAD

He'll play i think, heard on Fox Sports that Geelong were very confident he would play, he was walking around in the rooms after the game. He had a fat lip and a sore head but by all reports and some good mail he will be sweet to play Freo in Perth on Saturday. Here's hoping this is the case !

Bluke

Quote from: NOWAY on March 28, 2011, 06:31:03 PM
People have begun to say that it is impossible for Selwood to play this week, due to the new concussion rule stating that a player is not allowed to play a week after he is concussed... I just wanted to know if this is true, and if not, do people think he will be playing?

I am consider trading him, and perhaps picking him up later in the season when he is cheaper.

I haven't been able to find anything that says if a player goes off concussed they arn't allowed to play the follow week. Although one of my mates tried to convince me on friday night that it was the case I'm doubtful.

Can anyone find a source to clarify this?

There is no mention of the rule in http://afl.com.au/portals/0/afl_docs/Laws%20of%20Football_2011.pdf however thats not unexpected given the rule was introduced three days out from rd 1.

AndyJ

The trip to Perth is working against him as Geelong may not wish to risk their #1 in and under midfielder this early in the season weather hes right to play or not (could be a potential late withdrawl or sub candidate). Add to that Chapman and Ling both played major roles in their comeback games in the vfl over the weekend (Ling 38 touches, Chapman 30). If Scarlett ends up on the wrong side of the tribunal, The coaching staff may take the safe option and replace both Selwood & Scarlett with Chappy & Ling.

I dont believe there is any concrete rule stating a concussed player is required to miss any additional football after being sub'd out.

Ziplock

I hope he doesn't play :) the longer he spends out, the longer my cash cows price can rise, which means if he starts pulling out decent scores, I can still get him in for a discounted price ;)

Jazz-man

i think he'd miss out becuase of the length of the flight. he is a tough bloke however. then theres always the chance that hes the sub, or subbed player...

DO NOT TRADE HIM OUT!! gosh pointless trade

Ziplock

actually, I hope he does play as the sub.... he scores like 40, price will plummet even more :D

Jazz-man

mmm it would be nice to have him miss out rather than risk being the sub, considering the excellent bench options

NOWAY

Quote from: Jazz-man on March 28, 2011, 07:38:43 PM

DO NOT TRADE HIM OUT!! gosh pointless trade

though this might be true. There is no need for me to make any trades up until round 7, because I am playing bad people and then every one has a by rounds 4 5 6. so i am considering trading him for bartel and then trading Anthony back to selwood making a profit.

Not that pointless as i should still have around 20 trades remaining after round 7

chaosAD

He'll be playing no doubt and will score 130+ !
GUNNNN!

NOWAY

Quote from: chaosAD on March 28, 2011, 07:56:52 PM
He'll be playing no doubt and will score 130+ !
GUNNNN!

hah yeh thats what were hoping for... even though his b/e is over 200

elephants

hopefully (unlikely) he comes on as a sub. then he will get a crap score (20) then i can lock him in for the year :)

Bluke

Quote from: elephants on March 28, 2011, 08:46:34 PM
hopefully (unlikely) he comes on as a sub. then he will get a crap score (20) then i can lock him in for the year :)

I bloody hope not!

elephants

great player and i hope he is okay but hah it would help