Leroy Jetta vs Nathan Fyfe

Started by Griffo35, March 28, 2011, 04:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffo35

As the title suggests, who would you rather have, and why?
Im just looking for some advice as im trying to choose who to trade in.
Cheers

valkorum

Trade away, trade away, trade away.  Another one looking to trade after 1 round.  SERIOUSLY PEOPLE

Jetta is the one to trade in (that way Fyfe is still unique for me :P)

ando_10

why would you trade after round 1 if you dont mind me asking???

meow meow

Freo won't play Brisbane every week. Essendon won't destroy teams every week. Don't get too excited about these 2.

Fyfe is a gun though.

Griffo35

Jonathan Brown, out for 8-10? Gonna bring in someone cheap for some $$$ to spend elsewhere, was thinking Fyfe.

Blueboys

Griffo35

I hardly think its a panic trade considering that I dont want someone worth $475,000 sitting on my bench for 8 weeks?

valkorum

Quote from: Griffo35 on March 28, 2011, 04:59:13 PM
Jonathan Brown, out for 8-10? Gonna bring in someone cheap for some $$$ to spend elsewhere, was thinking Fyfe.

As much as  I love Fyfe, I dont think this is the right trade to make.  You want to bring in another Gun for Brown, not a mid-price player with potential to be a gun.  BUT, I hear you say that I have Fyfe.  Yes, I do have him but my plan for him is that by the middle of the season when Freo has all its players back, then Fyfe will play more on the wing/half forward and wont score as good as the first half of the season (5 - 10 point drop IMO).  At this point I will be upgrading him (hopefully he has increased in price enough for me to pick up a fallen premium)

If you traded Brown to Fyfe then you will have to make another trade later in the season to a premium - so this move actually costs you 2 trades instead of just 1

I would look to trade Brown for the following:

Rioli
ROK
J ROO
Higgins
R Murphy

**If you had of said in your original post that you were looking at these 2 as options to trade in for Brown you wouldnt have got my sarcastic post.  Trading Brown because of injury (as sad as it is) is actually the correct move to make.**

PizzleDizzle

Quote from: Griffo35 on March 28, 2011, 05:06:37 PM
I hardly think its a panic trade considering that I dont want someone worth $475,000 sitting on my bench for 8 weeks?
exactly!!! Been smashed when I mentioned it myself! If I have someone out for 8 weeks worth that much I'd rather trade him!! I am a first year at supercoach, and not sure what happens but will injured players lose value when prices are adjusted??

valkorum

Quote from: PizzleDizzle on March 28, 2011, 05:13:53 PM
Quote from: Griffo35 on March 28, 2011, 05:06:37 PM
exactly!!! Been smashed when I mentioned it myself! If I have someone out for 8 weeks worth that much I'd rather trade him!! I am a first year at supercoach, and not sure what happens but will injured players lose value when prices are adjusted??

If you explain that the trade you are making is a forced one (due to LTI) then people understand (as much as they hate the idea of trading), but for people to make trades because one player was terrible in round 1 is plain stupid (Yarran, Foley trades as an example)

nathan11

raded in for   Traded Out   Trades (%)
1   Riewoldt, Jack (RIC)   Brown, Jonathan (BRL)   338 (2%)
2   Dawes, Chris (COL)   LeCras, Mark (WCE)   233 (1%)
3   Watson, Jobe (ESS)   Selwood, Joel (GEE)   197 (1%)
4   Rioli, Cyril (HAW)   Brown, Jonathan (BRL)   173 (1%)
5   O'Keefe, Ryan (SYD)   Brown, Jonathan (BRL)   168 (1%

BGK

Quote from: nathan11 on March 28, 2011, 05:28:54 PM

I'm guessing this what people have already done according to the assistant coach feature.

If so when will people learn to wait until at least teams are named.

nathan11

Quote from: bestguykai on March 28, 2011, 07:43:41 PM
Quote from: nathan11 on March 28, 2011, 05:28:54 PM

I'm guessing this what people have already done according to the assistant coach feature.

If so when will people learn to wait until at least teams are named.

197 people traded out selwwod and he should play  ::)

Big Ange

Magpie77